Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Premium concerns and suggestions

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 22:57:12 — Link

If it hasn't been mentioned I think a few of the things for premium only will cause too much imbalance OR keep the site too small as I personally feel a few of the items will make the game nearly unplayable without. These are the suggestions I would put forth.

• The ability to see pedigrees. This is game is in large part a breeding game. You get degeneration for THREE generations back. If you cannot see the pedigree it can be nearly impossible to track. If this is in fact a premium only perk it could drive many people away.
  • Solution - Degeneration pop warning for premium instead of no pedigrees. If there is going to be a degen popup regardless this is moot. I know the idea has been suggested and I think it would be great. If not warning for all maybe there can be pedigrees for all and pop ups for premium only. Personally I think the warning feels more like a perk whereas everyone should be able to see pedigrees but that is just me : )
  • I am mixed on autobattle. I dont think I can play without it personally (too tedious) so autobattle is the way to go. Leveling while pets are on manual is and immense time sink. Many folks don't have hours upon hours to sit and level their pet that way. I know the lengthy battle changes on another site is what drove me to stop exploring there. This could just be a personal preferance. For the record I love explore and really enjoy it but I could NOT would NOT do it without auto battle.
  • Solution - Limited number of auto battles per day for regular members. Perhaps 10? Beyond that I can't think of a solution aside from everyone having autobattle.

Honestly I think pedigrees and autobattle should be for everyone since they add to the enjoyment of the game immensly. Other perks should be thought of imo. (and yes I do plan to get premium if it is reasonably prices - I have it on every petsite I play on - so I am not making these comments and suggestions because I am biased to players not having the premium upgrade, I am more concerned about site population and mass enjoyability.

Forever Upgrades - name says it all and I hope this is done at a discounted rate for beta players. :)

---------------------------

I have another thread going for NEW premium perks suggestions. I felt this was two different topics and it could get confused mixing them since this was about CURRENT premium perks

Thread here: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/1658

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:23:50 — Link

I agree pedigree-viewing shouldn't be a premium-only perk. It's a petsite that has often mentioned the focus is on breeding, not catching. To take something that vital and make it premium only is a jip and a half.

* Winter is coming *

• Lokisghost
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:40:34 — Link

Support, particularly on the pedigree bit!

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:47:45 — Link

No support on buying forever upgrades, but support on all else. I think that premium should be avaliable in 1 month, 2 months, 6 months and 1 year rates, with a slight discount going up (2 1mo costs more than 1 2mo).

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 01:12:01 — Link

Support everything but forever upgrades -- however forever upgrades could be rare prizes for contests or something

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 01:27:37 — Link

supports that both these features are droped down.

auto battle limiting doesnt seem to logical so its just best to just say there is no diffenence. if it werent for auto battling truthful i probaly would have left.

premies: could potentialy be used as a you gain +5 stable space, +1 quest a day,+5 inventory, tools that potentaly arent horrendouly Large EASY buttons(like auto battle), access to a thing daily to where you can open a Small chest (like on the islands).

or heck just get rid of premius all together and relase a permante Gold coin only items:

that allows for atuo battle.

a breeding directory - alows for full pedigree views.

restrict some of the gold coin items to be able to be NOT aquired by other means other than gold coins.

maybe a featue could be added to where you can put creatures on backgrounds. (yes like howrse) that works like the rainbow jars.

make it to where you can aquire a CHOSEN Foundation creature: - has no parents, would ither be a 100% normal creature or rolled up like a wild pet. for gold coin.

somthing pretaining to a breeds picture - like custom markings. - slightly different form the rainbow jars as this would be breedable. and not just appy an image. (those that ever got to play feralis would know kinda what im talking about) -the custom marking would be label as an actuall existing marking gene (like stripes/ piebald etc)  - for gold coin. (so it would be like a freebie marking gene changing item)

• Teal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 06:54:18 — Link

Without auto-battle I'm leaving. It shouldn't be premium only.

The battle system takes way to much time and it isn't fun, just annoying.

• Nocturnal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 07:02:31 — Link

I pretty much agree with everything here.  I think offering special perks and items for gold coins only is a much more reliable way to keep the game fun and accessible to all players without unbalancing it between people with upgraded accounts and those without, while still encouraging people to donate.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 09:08:49 — Link

I would say, since premium has access to full genealogy, give normal users the three generations they need to make sure inbreeding isn't happening.
I do not support an inbreeding warning though, ever. It should be up to the user to check. If you accidentally inbreed, sucks to be you.

Auto battle. if it isn't already, should always be available while exploring. Always, premium or no. Exploring is long enough with it, without it would be downright tedious. The only way I could even tolerate not having auto battle for exploring were if a non-premium way to auto explore was added as well. Even then it would be iffy.

I am fine with auto battle for pet vs pet battles being a premium only feature, that seems fair to me.

I would think if Angel wants to replace these with perks more acceptable to the community we could have a brainstorming session where we recommend alternate perks.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 17:09:59 — Link

I am so glad I'm not the only one that about had a hissy fit at the idea of not having auto battle available for everyone! The FAQ say this:

• Ability to use Autobattle.

I am taking that to mean autobattle - period. I suppose it could just be autobattle in pet vs pet but I don't know. It sounds like it encompesses all types of battles.

@Teal - the only problem with inventory or stable upgrades is the premium is in theory a temporary thing. If you can't afford to pay it when it expires that would be a nightmare if you are over the limit in pets or inventory of a non premium user.

@Ankokou - I do like the idea of giving premium users the ability to see full geneology while regular users only get 3 generations as opposed to just the parents. Good alternative!

-I did start an alternative thread for premium perk suggestions that would be great for brainstorming. I wanted to keep the threads seperate since one is simply new perk ideas (with the hope that a few of these like no autobattle wouold be scrapped!).

Thread is here: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/1658

• hicaniplay
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 19:56:12 — Link

No support for pedigree information of any kind past mother / father being given for normal users. No support for inbreeding warning. 

Support for autobattling on islands being available for everyone. 

Forever upgrades are meh for me. Not really necessary but I'm not necessarily opposed to them either. 

If you play Aywas and would accept BP in return for pets/silver/items, message me! :D

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 03:51:55 — Link

Support for being able to see three generations for regular members, full pedigree for premium.

Definite support for autobattle being available for all members - like others have said, if autobattle goes, I go. The battle system is tedious and results in me mashing on my mouse button to get it over with.

No real opinion on forever upgrades. Probably better as a prize for contests.

• Cinnamin_Draconna
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 05:00:21 — Link

This game is tedious enough already; without autobattle I won't keep playing when the beta is finished.

Agree that 3 gens should be available for everyone, and full pedigree for premium. I won't be upgrading because I can't afford to pay for online games, but not allowing me to avoid inbreeding because I can't afford something is just plain mean.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 06:12:10 — Link

I might be the only one but I don't support any of this EXCEPT forever premium being available to purachse.

The thing about anything pay-for is it always needs a balance between cost in monetary value vs. time. Premium only options should be things that save you time, but don't give you an unfair advantage that someone with more time but less money couldn't obtain.

Auto-battle and pedigree are both things that only save you time. The game is perfectly playable without them and they don't give any unfair advantage. Thus, they should be premium-only features.

I love how everyone wants everything for free but doesn't even suggest what SHOULD be premium features besides what, auto-battle for battling (pvp) and FULL pedegree back unlimited generations which doesn't even matter anyways since inbreeding is only 3 generations?

So basically you guys want premium to be worthless so that no one needs to buy it. Then the site will hardly be making any money and eventually, might have to shut down because of it.

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 06:48:02 — Link

I, personally, feel like the design of this site isn't conducive to premium status for gameplay features. A lot of what would be considered premium features are what make the game fun and playable. Autobattle, for instance, keeps me from losing  interest in the game because I don't have to spend all my time mindlessly clicking for a game of rock paper scissors.

Rather, I think this game's monetary gain would come from benefit items that can be purchased to speed things along or "cheat". The items currently in the premium shop are a good example, but adding things like (maybe) an insta-catch item that will catch all spawned pets, a quick grow up item/ quick-tame. Or benefits packages added to these items. If a premium must be implemented, things like the trigger are a fantastic thing for it, discounts to these "cheat" items, and perhaps little things like being able to rebalance numbers for spawning. Those make sense for premium - not features that promote the playability of the site.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla