Boards < New Player Hall < Introduction < Heya peeps ^.^

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 23:19:11 — Link

How are you guys?

My name is Zenith and I just started playing here on Beastkeeper a few days ago when one of my friends (user RedMask, who is also just starting) alerted me to the site to play along with them.

Colors: Blues, Greens, Metallics and Neutrals - typically not a fan of warm-spectrum colors or purple. Death to pink >.>

Pets: I have a gray long hair tabby that I got from the shelter and I plan on keeping fish again, the apartment I'm at now doesn't have the floor strength for my 60 gallon tank (dead weight + substrate + 8 lbs/gal is a LOT of weight). I usually keep cichlids (lemon, peacock, convicts) or large community tanks, but hope to one day own discus or a small marine tank. Mandarin fish are so pretty!

Fav' specie: Cockatrice

Fav' coloration: There's quite a few colorations I like across all species. But for the cockatrice I really like the diluted strain, as a whole, and I really like the spotted and striped green coats.

Site goal: There's a lot of goals *to* have on this site. But the goal I'm immediately placing for myself is to develop my town hall and establish an inn to secure a better income for myself. I think my long term goal would be to establish myself as a specifically dilute-strain cockatrice breeder with my ultimate goal being a dominant-recessive dilute silver cockatrice. So...yeah...goals ._.

What do you think of the site?

So far the site seems pretty solid - I haven't found any bugs fo far and the community seems outgoing and friendly like an actual community should be. The gameplay so far is fun, if a bit slow (I'm one of those people who just likes to sit and play) and doesn't have much of a learning curve. To me, it has just the right amount of micromanagement to make it occupying and keep things interesting, something I find appealing after playing similar genetic-based games where you could see things like genetic mutation or trait reemergence three generations later. -.-

So far, the only things that I'm not sure I like is the random rock-paper-scissors style combat which thankfully seems to be remedied by the success rate of the auto-combat feature and there doesn't seem to be a way to review the tutorial information in case players want to review it for clarification on some of their questions. The helpful community as a whole seems to make up for the current lack of documentation the game has concerning certain areas and mechanics of the game.

Looking for: Love! ...wait. No. Ummm....just about anything really, seeing as I'm just starting out.

Saving up for: Currently saving up for building schema - climbing gear (two locations for one item is nice), ruby ring, town hall v2 and an Inn.

Most loved pet: I adore my first cockatrice, Shishir - She's faint hearted and hard of hearing which I think makes for a quirky, flighty personality. On the technical side, she's a carrier for the dilute gene and possesses the strong muscles trait, which - considering my breeding plan - is wonderful. Her first child, infact, was a dilute blue which I hope turns out to be a dominant-recessive. Fingers crossed!

Do you already know someone on the site?

The only other person I know on the site currently is RedMask, but I'm always open for a PM and look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone. ^.^

Likes: Sweets, sushi, german cooking, drawing with digital media/pencil, reading (manga too), esoteric-stuffs, PC & tabletop gaming, biking, water activities (fishing, swimming, etc.), music, raising chickens, science and tech...bunch of stuff really. Oh, and semi-lit or lit RP! I love to make OC's and backstories.

Dislikes: Most spicy food, politics (I'm a bit of a cynic, I'm afraid), spiders, and I'm phobic of vacuums - of all things >.> Consequently, vacuums are super-effective against spiders - does that count as fighting fire with fire? O.o

Fandoms: Uh...what's a fandom? I guess the only things I've ever really gotten into to the point of making a fanfic were, the tolkien books/world, Trinity Blood, and WoW. Don't really consider myself part of a fandom, though.

What sites do you play?

I go to Kongregate or Armor games when I feel like playing flash games. I used to have a dragcave account and a gaia online account until the RP groups I attended were getting repetitive with their premises they based their RP on. Every once in a while I will post something on my DA account, but I haven't been drawing much here lately. But other than that I don't really do a whole lot of online communities.

Anything else?

Um, not really. I guess if people haven't noticed by now, I'm not exactly a brief person - which people either love, hate or tolerate. So I apologize in advance if anything ends up being TL;DR. You can hardly ever ask me for a short answer on something -.-

Anyways, it's a pleasure meeting you all and getting a chance to say hi!

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 04:09:54 — Link

Hi right back at ya~ Welcome to beastkeeper~ The cockatrices are awesome. Not my favorite, but you can't deny their awesomness. 

Feel free to PM if you have a question. No question is annoying...Unless you are asking me the exact same one everytime. Then that question would get annoying. But no question really starts out being annoying.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 00:53:20 — Link

Thank you ^.^

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla