Boards < General < General Chat < Ever had this happen?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 18:32:42 — Link

so, i was going to look at my pets and realised i had caught 2 unicorns......both white but that's ok, went into the capture map to place more catchers, and then noticed the report said this:

There's no one at Creek.
There's no one at Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Waterfall to Big Field.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Creek to Big Field.
Your Mammal Catcher caught a Unicorn at the Big Field. See the pet.
Your Mammal Catcher caught a Unicorn at the Big Field. See the pet.

which means that i had 1 catcher manage to catch 2 unicorns........how cool is that?

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 01:31:40 — Link

Wow, you got lucky. It just so happens the big field is the only place this can possibly happen (AFAIK) because the big field is big enough to allow 2 pets to enter without fighting. Lucky you!

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 20:52:10 — Link

Congrats on catching two!

But wait...If there's no one at the Creek or the Waterfall, how does a Uni go from either of those places to the Big Field...?

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Legolas
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 04:32:10 — Link

This same thing happened to me. I caught 2 unicorns at the same time. I bred them a few days ago and got a great little baby .lol

she's not white like her parents. thats kind of fun.

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/20288

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 04:59:36 — Link

yup, caught a dragon and cockatrice together 

Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Eastern Fields to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Western Fields to Waterfall.
Your Reptile Catcher caught a Cockatrice at the Waterfall. See the pet.
Your Reptile Catcher caught a Dragon at the Waterfall. See the pet.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 05:38:51 — Link

Congrats on catching two!

But wait...If there's no one at the Creek or the Waterfall, how does a Uni go from either of those places to the Big Field...?

You seem to be confused about how the pet catching system works. The person put out 3 catchers. 1 at the waterfall, creek, and big field. The catchers didn't find anything at the creek or the waterfall because they were put where the pet currently WAS, not where they were going. In order to catch a pet, you need to place a catcher where they are moving TO, not FROM. So pretty much you need to be there before they are and set up a trap, and then when they enter the area the trap is sprung. If you place the catcher where the pet already is (on the map), the pet is leaving the area and therefore you cannot catch them because, since they are leaving there is no time to trap them, and they would see you coming and just run away.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 22:33:44 — Link

I know that, what I meant was, shouldn't the catchers have been attacked? Seeing as they clearly invaded a wild animal's personal space...

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 07:24:24 — Link

I know that, what I meant was, shouldn't the catchers have been attacked? Seeing as they clearly invaded a wild animal's personal space...

I don't understand what you mean. Mammal catchers catch Unicorns -- they don't get attacked from them because they know how to handle them. Now, if it was Reptile or Bird Catcher then it would get attacked because they don't know how to handle mammals. Each catcher attempts to catch pets of their speciality and can catch or fail; any other pet will attack.

• SongDragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 15:35:17 — Link

Hehe. I haven't seen that one specifically, but I got this, where one poor, unlucky Reptile Catcher was attacked by two different Rocs. I almost sent a bug report before reading it right, because I thought the script was repeating itself for some reason. I think I like your outcome  better... My Catchers are demanding hazard pay.

Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Island to Waterfall.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Roc at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Roc at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Western Fields to Creek.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Unicorn at the Creek. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Puma came from the Heart of the Forest to Big Field.
Your Reptile Catcher was attacked by a Puma at the Big Field. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

"One of these days I'm going to raise up my glistening wings and fly..."

Janis Ian, Society's Child

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 17:13:35 — Link

There's no one at Creek.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Western Fields to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your Bird catcher caught a Gryphon at the Waterfall. See the pet.
Your Bird catcher caught a Roc at the Waterfall. See the pet.
There's no one at Cave.

I ended up getting lucky at the waterfall myself today - I may end up keeping that gryphon, despite it being what I don't normally collect. But then I get something like this and I get tag-teamed:

There's no one at Big tree.
There's no one at Heart of the Forest.
Your catcher saw how a Puma came from the Western Fields to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Big Field to Waterfall.
Your Reptile catcher was attacked by a Puma at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Reptile catcher was attacked by a Roc at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Thankfully that catcher's got lessons from the matrix.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla