Boards < General < General Chat < Beast Keeper yays!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 34 35 36 ... 94 95 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 19:38:40 — Link

Guess who got a perfect double deviant on the very first try???

**hugs unicorn foal, picks it up and dances around the lounge, giggling**

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 20:02:35 — Link

Heh, it's alright. Yeah, the griffon deviant people are insane with how much they're willing to buy them for. Congrats on the Unicorn! c: I'm hoping 2 out of the 3 gryphon skins I've submitted will be accepted. I've had pretty good success with them, Angel doesn't seem to hate them :P

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 20:17:22 — Link

I'll hold thumbs for you. The weird painted one was a little odd, but I'm sure if you'd named it Harlequin and given it a hat it would've passed as Art :P

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 20:42:20 — Link

I was suprised Painted Disaster got accepted to be honest, I thought it'd feel a bit out of place for this site. I'm glad it did, but it was still surprising

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 21:16:59 — Link

Hahaha, I've seen far far worse ^_^

In fact your colours were quite spiffy. I just don't have many gryphs worth skinning, and the ones I do have are questers that are used for their colours (white or snow leopard etc)

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 21:51:48 — Link

Double deviant uni? Ooh congrats! :D Are you going to try and get the full set eventually?

RaptorKitty, if you want some suggestions for more gryph skins:  kingfisher, scarlet or yellow macaw, hummingbird...

Or cat colours like tabby, tortoiseshell, calico.

Or spotted like a Dalmatian dog or Appaloosa horse (there's also a chicken colour called Splash that looks similar). Probably quite easy to draw.

An excellent website for chicken, pigeon, duck, peafowl and other poultry colours: FeatherSite.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-03 10:32:56 — Link

The idea that people breed chickens with equine markings makes me want to cry... Horsefeathers!!!! XD

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-03 17:07:35 — Link

Well, like horses and many other animals, chicken genetics have two main parts: red "ground colour" and black for markings. There's also "lavender" and some other rare recessive goodies. Similar interactions happen as with horse genetics; we get all sorts of colour dilutions like smoky, blue, cream, dun and so on. :D

Some other horselike colours are just visual coincidences, but still neat. Such as this "zebra" (black and white Barred feathers). Or "flaxen chestnut". Or another "appaloosa" lookalike (Spangled - the tip of every feather is coloured, while in Splash, a few random feathers are all coloured from the start).

... aaanyway, back on topic. With my super duper new squad, I managed to fight my way straight to the Portal with no losses, and trade for the second time. Then got kicked off island due to lack of space, hehe, but nevermind.

The battlefield is a lot more fun when you're able to compete properly. :) Now I am really hoping BeastEon will have some kind of difficult, competitive challenge like it...

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-03 17:20:57 — Link

Once you have all your buildings it's really just a fun thing to see how long you can stay on...

My Deadly Frost activated this morning, getting me two steps from the portal, so in a day or so I'll be back, baby.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 00:20:42 — Link

Wooooooo! All of my 4 skins this time were accepted! I have a feeling Angel is getting tired of all my skins ;P

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 14:39:35 — Link

Awesome possum :))

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 16:38:16 — Link

These latest skins are stunning, RK! Gotta use them immediately. :D

(That reminds me, to submit the other unicorns with ribbons and stuff...)

Also, a Yay and a Sorry: my squad continues to charge its way straight back towards the portal, and just kicked someone off the island. There were approximately 147973268 ice thingies in there, and an attempted Deadly Frost... I didn't see whose squad it was, but now wonder if it was yours, arete.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 18:45:31 — Link

Probably. If you have lots of Leaderships you can still beat Deadly Frost if your opponent has too many Ice Auras (which give zero points)

:)) Vanquished! Probably by my own wretched Roc.

EDIT oh ok, not by Rushie, that doesn't sting so much. :)

Let's see if you can defeat my SavageFun squad next :))

EDIT EDIT PLEASE do the pretty unicorn skins, I'm absolutely gnawing on my keyboard with impatience ^_^

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-06 06:10:07 — Link

Yes, please do Marans! A small yay,  getting my research potential for my squad up at a decent pace. A personal yay, headed to college in 2 months and I'm currently at orientation for a lil c: 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-06 11:20:16 — Link

Congratulations! Uni is a great time of your life. Stressful but you grow - a lot.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 34 35 36 ... 94 95 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla