Boards < New Player Hall < Newbie Chat < Good/Useless Items for Newbs

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kalanta
  • User

Posted at 2018-08-11 20:25:50 — Link

My inventory is just about full and it’s going to be a while before I can upgrade it, so I’m thinking of getting rid of stuff. However, I have no idea what things I can safely get rid of. Are there any things that are just about useless? Or if anyone wants some things, I would (probably) be happy to oblige.

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2018-08-12 05:36:49 — Link

First, let me say, if you would like help with the material and blueprints to upgrade your warehouse, PM me. I know some new players want to be as self-sufficient as possible and don't like it when players send them help. So I don't want to overstep. Now that that's out of the way.

Normally I'd say get rid of your extra schemes and blueprints to make space, but I just checked your joining date and as a fairly new player, I highly recommend you focus on expanding your warehouse instead of getting rid of things. Down the road nearly everything you have will be needed.

Also instead of getting rid of things, make sure you've used all the possible scheme and blueprints in your inventory, once you use one, it's removed from your inventory and put into your library where it doesn't take up inventory space. Something I find many players don't know or learn too late in the game: you can stack blueprints and schemes up to six times, which reduces the silver cost of building that particular building or item. So use them up.

Once you do that, you can put extra schemes and blueprints up in the items exchange for the schemes and blueprints you need. Items on auction and exchange don't count towards warehouse space, so while it's sitting there you should have some free space and once the exchange is accepted you can just learn the new scheme.

I'm pretty sure once you do this you should have enough space, but if not, the auction can be used to store extra stuff, just put what you need to store up at the highest price possible so no one buys it out. However, since your warehouse level is probably still low, using this way seems like trying to swim against the current, you'll have to constantly be putting stuff up and taking them down as you need them.

• Kalanta
  • User

Posted at 2018-08-12 17:23:14 — Link

Thanks for the help (and the offer), Sapphire. I will keep this in mind. Actually, one other thing I forgot to ask; is there a limit to how much you can stack something? (As in, is it possible for resources to "overflow" and form a new stack?)

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2018-08-13 04:25:48 — Link

No problem, hope you made some space :)

And sadly there is a limit. The limit for each food type is 9999. And everything else has a limit of 999. Once you reach these limits they don't create another stack, you just can't collect anymore more of that same item in explore or buy more on the trades.

That's usually where the using auction as a storage comes in. Some players when they reach that limit, use the auction for storage so they can collect more.

You can technically have more than what the limit allows but to do so, you'd have to have an auction up and when it ends, the quantity of items you put in the auction when returned to your inventory causes it to exceed the limit. So say I have 800 stone in my inventory and I cancel, or an auction ends where I had 400 stone up. I'd then have 1,200 stone in my inventory. That's more of a fun fact because the game will still recognize you have reached the limit of materials allowed to stack and treat it as I explained above.

• Harlowe
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-12 19:13:55 — Link

so I've got a ton of golems working hard for me right now (thanks to generous people who sent me schemes and things). Do I still need to keep (in inventory) duplicate golem schemes or can I just rebuild them when they expire (die?) after they're done making me supplies?

I'm constantly running out of wood (and of course no one has any extra they're trading unless it's for rare items no newbie would ever have) and granite is hard to find.

hugs,

Harlowe

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 00:02:50 — Link

Golems are a reusable scheme. After your golem expires, the scheme will show back up in your library for you to use again so you're free to get rid of any extras. :)

And there should be way more trades coming up for wood as people on the site become more active and start exploring more in preperation for the Etelia event and also becasue of winter break. But granite is still going to be super rare and probably become even higher in demand for the Etelia event, due to how valuable it is, as it's needed to craft charged sticks.

• ColtShadows
  • User

Posted at 2020-02-14 01:37:12 — Link

Just posted a very similar thread to this, didn't scroll far enough to notice you had the same issue! Going to try the putting things in the auction house thing and hoping that works! 

Edit: did not work, "items in trades still take up space in your inventory" but it was worth a shot haha.

• Velgamidragon
  • User

Posted at 2020-05-06 23:38:51 — Link

Somehow I got a Grassland Background and all it's doing right now is taking up very valuable inventory space. Does it actually do anything or should I just get rid of it?

• SerialKillerXO
  • User

Posted at 2020-05-09 08:38:29 — Link

Actually, it is used to for the background for your pet. If you want to, you can select the pet click on waredrobe, and select BG and the grassland background will appear. If you click update equipment then your pet will have a background but it wil stay permanet. 

If you dont want to use it then check out the items trade to see how much players are willing to pay for it and sell it there. 

If you really don't want it then you can also put it on the items sales forum and sell it there 

Hope my advice/directions helped :)

-SerialKillerXO

• OmniiTheDeer
  • User

Posted at 2020-05-12 18:58:21 — Link

do you still have any free items/

• spiderunicorn567
  • User

Posted at 2022-06-14 09:25:23 — Link

Wood keep wood

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper