Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Alt Accounts Are Back

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-19 22:04:23 — Link

This could be considered a bug as there is a flaw is the system that is responible for catching accounts with a lot of suspecious activity. 

For months now (since I returned, probably before then) I've noticed a LOT of accounts acting like alternate or botting accounts.
Gibberish keyboard smash names, strange trading/selling/pounding of pets. Made in batches of a bunch in a single day.
Getting etelia, snowflakes, crystal ice, many wild lykoi, 200+ wins pet, and a plethora of other things all in a day in a half from account creation with a player who's supposdily a newb.
They now have also started exploiting the weekly charts, and probably other things that have yet to be found.
A main account is probably funneling all these resources into these alt accounts, or they are accounts made to exploit the gold reward for recruiting someone. 

I assume it's not allowed to "point and shame" names of accounts on the forums, but a quick look at the weekly battle chart or online users reveals many of them. 

Hopefully this post makes who's in charge of shutting down accounts aware of the issue, to keep a sharper eye out. 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-20 16:22:30 — Link

Thank you for reporting! We have a peak of multiaccounts registered for the last few months. They all are manually created and managed by the same person or group of persons, so they can't be tracked automatically well enough. I was cleaning them once a week on the weekends to make sure that they don't get the weekly reward. However, it looks like our multiaccounting friend got more spare time recently, and I need to do this more often now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-20 18:25:52 — Link

Better than bots atleast, but why would someone take such an ungodly amount of time to cheat the system...If there is a way to see where an account got its resources (such as gifting/buying at a strange low price) it may lead to the head of the beast, and there the head can be cut off.

As for aquiring the pets theyve got, one account sends it to the pound and another picks it up from there. I've intercepted several pets from them, if tracing the pet's origins would help  this one I remember for sure was one of them. It was listed in the auction, then bought by someone, then sent to the pound by them and thats where I grabbed it.

Previously they listed it on auctions for maybe 10 seconds, (the auction was ended by the time the trigger page loaded) someone bought it, then sent it to the pound, then someone else picked it up a day or two later. All these someones probably the same person.

Theyve since stopped putting them in the auctions, I imagine because I and others caught onto these suspicously nice pets waiting around in the pound and grabbed them before the alts could.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-21 09:46:23 — Link

Monues (#19564) wrote:

Better than bots atleast, but why would someone take such an ungodly amount of time to cheat the system...

That's the question we ask ourselves as well :) I could understand if they were managed by a bot which creates them and performs basic game actions, but they are definitely all created and managed manually. I guess they just find fun in bypassing the rules instead of progressing as intended.

Thank you for the details! There were a few accounts that had some significant resources on them and interacted with other players publicly. This player(s) had a main account previously, but it was banned earlier as well. It appears that now they are distributing the accumulated game values between several accounts that don't interact with each other. I'm popping them as they compromise themselves.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2019-01-13 21:11:12 — Link

Seems they revived when the tundra did...

Currently on top of battle charts, similar as last ones with suspeciously recent creation time and random jumble of a name.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-01-14 04:53:02 — Link

Thank you! They are indeed here again. Banned the current pack, suppose more are coming...

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-01-08 08:36:22 — Link

I've noticed two accounts with strangely similar usernames in the weekly charts, I suppose they could be a main and alternate account but could also be just a coincidence. They're both in the top 15 of the weekly battle charts but then again, this might just be nothing, since the creation times aren't exactly close. One of them does have my GP3 symurgh I pounded a while ago and some other GP3 pets that still have the adopted tag so clearly one of them knows how to pound hunt.

Again this could just be my paranoia acting up when I was checking the charts, but I just wanted to let you know.

Edit: no longer top 15 but still very close on the weekly charts.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla