Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Uncommon lag and other Bugs

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-19 08:06:41 — Link

For the last few days there has been a few problems with the site.

Pages take a lot of time to load and sometimes cannot be reached due to extreme lag.

Time based events freeze (due pets are not born, babies won't grow up, energy and new islands won't be added, etc..). This is intermitent -- some events  will suddenly start running again, but few hours later others will get stuck.

Changing browsers or devices doesn't seem to help. Another users are experiencing the same.

Eveng posting in the forums is slow... Hope it can be fixed soon.

• yecak
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-19 13:37:22 — Link

Yeah same for me. I even tried getting on beastkeeper from a different place, I went from my house to the public library, and it's still lagging. 

Can fix this soon?

In war truth is the first casualty - A Goodman 

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-19 18:40:27 — Link

I'll move my report here as well of all the things I noticed yesterday, and continuing today.

Features effected by the lag

Quest page
Ajax Pet Search
Island Movement
Island Battles
Any forum page
Posting in forums
Title details accessed from a pet's page
Pet tab/group pages
Breed button access link from pet's page
Weekly charts
Manor Reports

Timers Effected by the lag
(stuck at time is over or similar)

Pet growth from young to adult
Giving birth
Pet energy regain

I had all pets give birth at the exact same time, at Jan 19, 2018 03:49:25
Which I definitely didnt do myself, as I bred them throughout the previous day at different times. 

Seems like the servers keep getting held up on something, realize they missed a ton of stuff and spew it all out at once, then get stuck again. A restart is in order perhaps. 

As of 1/19 8am: quest page is no longer an endless loading page, and other pages seem 'alright'. But my pet who I battled to 0 last night now had just 4 energy, and I know I slept more than four hours. I should expect around 11 energy on him right now. I imagine it is the same with other pets around the site still.

The weekly charts are now an endless loading page. 

1/19 2pm: The tutorial pet for which newbs to battle may be unavailable due to energy regain/server issue.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-20 00:00:03 — Link

I am also experiencing very slow loads, and the weekly charts have not successfully loaded for me since Wednesday. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-20 13:59:50 — Link

We're aware of the problems with the server. We're still searching for the cause of the problem and working on the ways to solve it. We applied a patch this night to reduce the load a bit but the core of the problem is yet to be found. Most likely we're experiencing a ddos attack.

We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience!

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-20 18:28:56 — Link

Gah, ddos is cropping up everywhere it seems. Though out of the two games I play I find it funny that the BK site is handling it far far better than a large mmorpg game company with many resources and employees at their disposal, and yet BK is performing better in both content accesability and especially communication and action.

I love the communication and taking action instead of sitting back and saying "well, it's a ddos, we cant do nothing bout that", thanks Angel :)

1/20 8am
-Loading times seem to have improved, ex: accessing breeding from a female's page is much faster. Forum pages load faster.
-Weekly chart still endless loading page.
-Quest drop down boxes missing.

1/20 3pm:
-Quest drop down boxes functioning normally again.
-Weekly charts acessable again.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-21 04:04:28 — Link

Exploring is a lot faster now, too :) Also, the pound seems to be back to normal. Only quests seems to be still a little laggy on my side.

Thank you for your work Angel!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-21 11:01:10 — Link

It seems to be back to normal on my side. Thanks so much, Angel.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-21 11:29:23 — Link

Our logs are clear for the last day. Hopefully we're not among the targets of this botnet anymore.

Please report if you find any issues. There may be collisions that we missed.

Thank you for bearing with us!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla