Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #13: Jungle and Savannah biotopes

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-06-04 21:51:24 — Link

Savannah and Jungle Biotopes

The further development of portal technology brought new brilliant results today. Portal receivers now able to detect the energy flows from tropical areas! Maybe you can benefit from the wisdom of the odd folk living there?

Here are 4 new structures that you can find while exploring tropical biotopes:

Copper Idols
For a payment of 10 random gems, 1 breeding point and 1000 the spirits will swap one base characteristic of your pet to another.

Shaman Hut
For a payment of 10 random gems or hops and 1000 the shaman will predict you your quests for tomorrow.

Dead Tree Altar
For a payment of 10 random gems and 100 random food your pet will restore 1 breeding point.

Forest Alchemist
For a payment of 10 random gems or hops and 1000 your pet will taste a potion that causes random color mutation.

Beware of the monsters inhabiting the new areas!

The ferocious creatures of the new areas (excluding Quezal and Tatzelwurm) were brought to life by Hayley Dubay thegallopingstallion.deviantart.com

Inventory limit

Unlimited storage of resources in barns and warehouses started to cause detrimental consequences. Buildings and equipment wear off too quick and sometimes even corrupt. Vermin feast over the enormous piles of food and even nightcats fail to deal with them. Unhealthy conditions cause the spoil of food and materials. To deal with this situation, the housekeeping authority decided to introduce a limit of 999 resource units per warehouse slot.

The maximum amount of each item type in inventory is limited to 999 units. If you have more than 999 units of any item, you can still use it but you won't be able to collect more of the same item until the amount drops lower than 999.

• Windy
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-04 23:59:45 — Link

Wow, thank you for the new update, it's amazing! :O I can't wait to start exploring the new biotopes. It's so good to see how this game gets more and more amazing with every update. <3

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 00:13:26 — Link

Thaks for the update, though I try to explore and it shows me a broken menu with five options, repeating random and grassland instead of having the two new biomes...

• Windy
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 00:20:31 — Link

It happened to me too, refreshing the page solved the problem.  

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 00:32:04 — Link

I've refreshed and been in and out of islands, and it still the same, then it probably is my explorer....

Other than that I'm really enjoyng these new biomes, and I wish I could get one of those monster bats for my stables, I really like the design. Kudos to the artist!

• Ayee_Its_ME!
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 00:49:57 — Link

We should make that hyenahorse and the saberion a pet THEY LOOK COOOLL

• Darkstar69
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 00:54:52 — Link

the saberion would look really cool as a pet!

• sandia
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 01:12:01 — Link

The island monster are awesome I can't choose which I like better... I can imagine then in other color and make me wish I could get one.

19 savannah visited still no copper idols or shaman hut. :)

• Verites*Magic2013
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 01:30:28 — Link

i think the new item thing is so bad,only 999 allowed per item is dumb.food stocks should be allowed more leway cause alot of us have 60-100 pets to feed and if we can't get on here for a period of time it was nice having the back up food resorces.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-06-05 01:37:52 — Link

Karakurt, please clear your browser cache to fix the issue with old style files stored on your device.

Verites*Magic2013, your account is automatically frozen and your pets don't consume food on the days when you don't log in. 

• Verites*Magic2013
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 02:07:21 — Link

ok didn't know that

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 02:08:53 — Link

Thanks Angel, tried that and it is fixed :)

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 02:11:28 — Link

I'm kind of in the boat with Verites. Capping off food items and vermilion, the two things you would expect to have larger stockpiles of, are capped at 999 with everything else. It would make sense if they were capped off at somethign higher, not 9999, but maybe something more reasonable like 3000 or 4000 unites. Having 60-100+ pets will burn through that much foor rather quickly, 999 doesn't seem that much with referece.

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• sandia
  • User

Posted at 2014-06-05 02:26:38 — Link

I agree with verites and zezmeril, cuase when the summer finish I won't have that much time to go to the island to gather food. Today it took to feed my pets 1,923 in the different foods to give you guys an idea. An average of 320 per kind of food per day, that's enough for 3 days with the new limit. :(

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-06-05 02:58:38 — Link

The inventory limit may help with bandwidth issues, and cut nack on hoarding (and mucking with the economy... I'm not soo good with those sorts of estimates). It makes sense to cap resources- after playing for so long, I have an excess, which means I just give it away (and thus upset game balance I suppose)... So from a game mechanics sense it seemsreasonable.

Imagine a user who had been here for awhile, and built most of the buildings... They enjoy exploring to hone their pets and find specific items, but often acquire an excess of items that are not so commonly used (like cuttlefish ink, coral, cotton and so on). New uers are in dire need of these items. Their great need of these items is what prompts them to make connections with other users, explore, use the auctions and so on. If older users (or ones with lots or resources!) decide that they want to influx a large amount of an item into the system... 

A cap allows users to actually play the game. This decision, thought may not outwardly benefit anyone, is essential for game balance. It may not be a happy ot an easy decision, or a fun one for users, but it is necessary for the long term integrity of game play.

Sandia- Nothing bad will happen to your pets if they are not fed. So it is not a dire situation. ^^

I'm so excited for the new art and bioms! I saw some of her work on DA- fantastic!!! I love the bat critter. I feel like we need a codex for the monsters and gaurdians. Great work everyone!l!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla