Posted at 2016-06-17 18:57:39 — Link

Lucinda kept glaring, unconvinced. But just as she started to make a move towards the strangers, Graclyn lept gracefully off her dragon. she placed her hand on her sister's shoulder, giving her a look that said, "Calm down. I can handle this." The young girl walked closer to the newcomers, a smile as big as Opal's on her face. "Hello, Opal. Hello, Zaria. My name is Graclyn, and that's my sister. Her name is Lucinda." Graclyn glared at her sister, who was now tugging on her arm.
"What do you think you're doing?!" she hissed into Graclyn's ear. "That's the enemy! You're gonna get us killed!" 

The younger girl rolled her eyes, shoving Lucinda away before turning her attention back to Opal and Zaria. "Don't mind her," she said, waving her arm behind her. "She is way too overprotective. Anyways, the dragon behind me is named Rabadash, and I'm his rider. But, if I may ask, who are the other people with you?"

Lucinda gave Zaria her worst glare, making sure that the dragon would know that she didn't like her. It was bad enough that Lucinda's own sister had one of those awful... things, and even worse that she had to ride it. But now she might have to deal with another one, and it made her angry. A thought flicked though her mind, one that she had often but had always pushed away. This time she let it wander freely.

'I should run away. It's obvious my sister doesn't want me, and she won't need protection with these other people around.'

'But she needs protection from the dragons!' another part of her said. 'All of them trust dragons, you are the only one so far who knows how horrible they are!'

Lucinda hung her head unsure of what to do. For the moment, she would stay, that was certain. But after that... The young woman shook her head, unwilling to think about what the future might bring just yet.