Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Breed Suggestion: Warg

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Cruci
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 20:18:36 — Link

I am getting a bit confused by everyone who says that the sketch looks fat.

This is a picture of a wolf's anatomy. The 'round' line under the front legs in the sketch is the ribcage not the belly. If anything, the whole creature should be longer (and possibly with longer legs, though my vision is that of a stocky, powerful animal rather than lanky and limby).

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 23:50:40 — Link

Support.
Yes.
Love it.

However I strongly, strongly disagree with anyone saying make it thinner built and make the legs longer. Then we'd have a normal, boring, stereotypical fantasy wolf. With tusks.

No, just no. Leave it as it is.

If you want a pretty wolf go play one of the approximately one zillion-billion websites or role-plays that cater to that and leave the warg alone.

It looks fine.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 01:04:52 — Link

Looking at it again, it's not under the belly but the rump that's a little too high.

It's not about making it pretty, it just has the wrong shape. However I understand you did't post this for critique on your art. (which is perfectly good.)

• GloriousGoat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:05:50 — Link

The anatomy looks pretty spot-on to me, Cruci. I love the realistic, stocky look to it, and hope we get a pet like it.

And also in comment to "warg" - it's not Tolkien's name. It's an English-derived form of ancient Norse mythology, that's where he got the name.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:42:26 — Link

Sorry.... I didn't mean fat per-say.... It looked a little too beefy. I like the wargs to have a bit of meat one them. I think it was the roundness of the body and the roundness of the legs. It looked more boar shaped. In my head the warg is like a mix of the beefy boar and the wolf...

But then again it's a fantasy animal any-way you make it so that's just my opinion. I liked what you had!!

I agree with everyone else... stray away from that fluffy wolf with the lanky legs... we need a wolf with some real power too it. Something formidable. :D

You still have my support...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Cyberstrike
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 07:25:23 — Link

You have my support. I like that it's different than the rest of the hunderd thousand petsite wolf/dog critters!

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 23:04:27 — Link

Support

We have pumas (cats) so why not a dog/wolf creature. I love everything canine so this idea is awesome <3

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla