Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < If all genes are researched, get alternate reward

Boards

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 23:43:58 — Link

Support for something, I don't really care what.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-04 16:25:18 — Link

It could give 100 and a vermillion, so you can research an other pet's genes. Or maybe an item allowing to research a gene!

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Silv
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 18:12:18 — Link

I was meaning to come and post something like this myself, as I've run into this multiple times. Support!

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 23:00:29 — Link

Support.

I like the idea of getting 100 silver + 1 vermillion and being able to choose to use it on another pet =D

• Seasonal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 23:09:02 — Link

Support, especially the vermillion and silver idea. ^^

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 06:35:34 — Link

I can get behind the 1 vermillion + 100 silver. I have a few pets that still need genes researched, but I can never find the building unless I'm exploring with a pet I've fully researched...:(

And I like getting vermillion anyway. I've been having bad luck finding it on the islands, I keep having to buy it at auction.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 13:01:30 — Link

I personally don't want vermillion as a reward, but I wouldn't complain about 100 silver and a vermillion.

• SpiritImmortal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 17:11:40 — Link

I like the idea for 1 vermillion + 100 silver, too. So support :3

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 17:20:59 — Link

Support for -something-.  I don't really care what, but like someone said before it feels kind of bad when you've researched all the genes and then you come across the lab and you don't get anything.

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 14:16:09 — Link

An alternate approach might be that pets below level 10 get laboratories on their islands, but pets above level 10 don't.

• Viriagan
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 15:11:28 — Link

Support for 100 silver + vermillion. :3

From the small crumbs of earth
from the fleece of summer eve
from the memory of a single seed

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 02:18:19 — Link

I can see how quickly the whole 100 silver + vermillion would aid in imbalancing the economy, so I feel like that's a bad idea. Eventually even without this, we'll all have so many pets with fully researched genes and so much vermillion that these buildings will be a complete waste.

I think instead they should just make it impossible for that building to show up if you're on a pet with fully researched genes.

Just like I think they should make it impossible for the castle (the one with the GPL requirement) to show up unless you're using a pet with GPL of at least 1.

The alternative to these buildings is simple, I think, is just to not have any building. We wont miss the building being there, taking up space and making it harder to move around so why should we get an alternative reward?

As a second alternative, I'd like to see a building that offers to mutate your pet (like the effects of using a mutagen) if you pay a small fee. Say, 500 silver or something.

Furthermore, I feel like the magic shop is completely useless at the moment. Since no one is willing to pay 5000 silver for ANY schematic or item, really, the magic shop is useless. The price for items needs to be significantly lowered.

The only buildings that seem to have much use in the game at the moment are the one that gives you exp and the scriptorium. The trader has a use like 25% of the time but usually it wants to take my rare minerals and give me wood or rocks...

TL;DR - most of the buildings in the explore are stupid, broken, or useless.

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 03:27:49 — Link

Furthermore, I feel like the magic shop is completely useless at the moment. Since no one is willing to pay 5000 silver for ANY schematic or item, really, the magic shop is useless

I personally have to disagree with that I have used the magic shop multiple times for items mostly, mutagen and energy potion along with schematics I need. It's not massively difficult to raise 5000 silver with the quests and such so I think the price is pretty reasonable considering they are premium items.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 05:00:31 — Link

"I personally have to disagree with that I have used the magic shop multiple times for items mostly, mutagen and energy potion along with schematics I need. It's not massively difficult to raise 5000 silver with the quests and such so I think the price is pretty reasonable considering they are premium items." 

Oh so you must not use the auction house? Personally I've never spent more than 1200 silver for any schematic or blueprint and I have nearly all of them (I'm only missing 7 of them: Ridinghall (lvl 3), Ridinghall (lvl 5), Stable (lvl 4), Townhall (lvl 4), Warehouse (lvl 5), Carpet, Scepter).

As for the "premium items" you speak of like the mutagen and stat raising items -- I can count on one hand the number of times those items have shown up in the 100+ times I've seen the magic shop so far. Also, most of the stat boosting items aren't worth 5000 silver. Several of them can be bought off the auction house at any time for that much, and people obviously AREN'T buying them at that price.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 22:29:12 — Link

acutally the more i play the more i think that mutagens should become avaible through this building at 5k. NO less (unless the magic shops' price droped too) every thing doesnt need to be redicouly cheap, if users want to sell for less thats their lose and apparently the buyers gain. the more i play i am also realising vermillion is going to soon be useless...

i think that for a pet that still needs to be researched that this building should still require a vermillion to research it but you wont need the 100 extra coin that doing it though the hero's page would require - if you dont have any vermillion at the time you enter the alchemists resideing there would offer you one for a small fee. 

i would suppot this : once your hero's genes are fully researched the alchemist would pay you coin  to do "tests on your creatures" the amount would be the equivialt to its level (like it ran over a chest) OR it could boost a random stat like a food item.

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla