Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < If all genes are researched, get alternate reward

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:10:55 — Link

The building that does one free research for you, it should give a small alternate reward to pets with all their genes researched.  It could be something small, like 10 silver, or something interesting like the opportunity to have the pet be mutated instead.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:15:43 — Link

I agree something should happen. As we get further along we are going to find it useless.. I'm not sure what... but something...

Soooo.... support for something.
o.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 21:40:44 — Link

edits : no support unless  - refer to my post on page two

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 22:26:00 — Link

I support maybe a vermillion given instead of a gene researched.... That would make the most sense.

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 22:29:38 — Link

I like this idea. Here are a couple of suggestions from me:

1. Instead of a free gene, you get two free vermillion from that building if the pet that finds it is fully researched. I chose two because you can already find single vermillion units on the islands. This way, finding the building is still a bonus over regular exploring.

OR:

2.  You get 1 vermillion and 100 silver, the amount normally used to research 1 gene. Still a free gene research, but you get to choose which pet to use it on. Same result, different execution.

I'm ok with different rewards, but I don't like the mutation idea. I have pets that I don't want to mutate, and I think mutagen is too high a reward cost-wise.

• AshtaraSilunar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 00:34:51 — Link

I really like Amberfly's second suggestion.  I would be happy with any reward though, even a few silver.  

I have a couple pets with fully researched genes, and it's always disappointing to encounter the building when using them to explore.  I feel like the building rewards us for NOT using vermilion and silver to research on our own.

I'm looking for the recipes for Townhall lvl 5, Warehouse lvl 6, and Astrologist lvl 4.  I'm also looking for 4 ancient horns, 4 snake eyes, 4 money tree saplings, and 4 nightcats.  

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 01:20:41 — Link

I like Amberfly's second suggestion as well. ^^

#33507 on Aywas

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 01:58:11 — Link

Amberfly, I meant that the building would offer the player the opportunity to pay for a mutation (say 500 silver), the player could decline.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 20:00:22 — Link

I like the second suggestion that amberfly has as well. I don't think that at this point in the game we should alter genes... then we can have 'god' pets. Right now we should be breeding god pets, not buying traits. (If I am even understanding this right o.0)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 20:28:31 — Link

Amberfly, I meant that the building would offer the player the opportunity to pay for a mutation (say 500 silver), the player could decline.

Ah, my mistake. It's just that that building gives its reward automatically, so I asssumed this would be an automatic reward as well. I still don't think I'd personally ever use it, though others might.

I'm glad people like my suggestion, though!

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 22:25:46 — Link

I support but with Amberfly's suggestion of 2 vermillion or 100 silver + 1 vermillion.

I have had this happen to me 5 times today... running into the building with fully researched pets. Feels like such a waste. :(

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 23:24:42 — Link

support the idea of 2 vermillion

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 00:49:17 — Link

I support 1 vermillion at least, Currently this mechanic encourages NOT researching all the genes, least you waste lab encounters.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 20:29:45 — Link

i also support the giving of 1 vermillion + 100 silver, as i am always disappointed when i come across the building with a fully researched pet

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 21:05:54 — Link

I support this as well. I'm starting to research my pets and I intentionally leave a couple unresearched for this purpose.

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla