Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Pet That Should Be Deviant Is Not.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Poltergeist
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-26 03:19:28 — Link

Close this thread. Answer received.

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-26 09:07:34 — Link

A deviant can only be produced if the baby inherits the same gene from both parents for either color or pattern (e.g., Chestnut/Chestnut or Striped/Striped). Your unicorn's parents do not have any of the same genes for either color or pattern, so it would have been impossible to produce a deviant from this pairing. Deviant chance for a pet that meets the requirements is normally 10%; the only thing the 100% DCA does is make this chance a guarantee. If the pet does not meet the requirements in the first place, the item does nothing. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-12-26 10:33:35 — Link

Sumatra_Echo is right. Pet may be born as deviant only if it is homozygous (has two copies of the same gene) for color or pattern. Such parents can't produce a baby with the correct genetics.

• Poltergeist
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-26 14:10:26 — Link

Ah well, I should have just sold the thing, then. It would have been nice if, in the item description of the DCA was changed so that others don't make the same mistake that I do because even in the effects box, it said 100% chance of Deviant offspring. I'm not complaining, just wishing that the wording was altered to reflect what the true chances are. I bred those two together based on what the item description was, otherwise, I am aware of what produces a Deviant. . Oh well, you learn something every day.This thread needs to be closed, no more responses are wanted or needed since I know that the item's description is was just incorrectly worded. Knowing that, it is no big deal at all.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-12-26 17:10:45 — Link

I'm very sorry for confusion. Although DCA doesn't alter genetics of a baby or mother in any way, and it's not described in its action. The current short description is correct and fully explains the way how the item works, no more and no less. If something like this is not documented, it's not there. We always try to provide our players with all of the background mechanics, logic and numbers, making the gameplay as clear and plannable as possible. Sometimes things are missing and typos appear (we're all humans and make mistakes), but it's not the case with this item. Perhaps the misunderstanding happened because you didn't know the requirements for producing a deviant pet. I will extend the description of all of the DCA items to let players additionally know that DCA doesn't do anything except the described action, i.e. doesn't alter the genetics of a pet. 

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-30 16:26:01 — Link

I have the same problem, Angel.

I used the 100% DCA on its mother, so this dragon baby was supposed to be a deviant: pet/757997

If the 100% DCA was supposed to produce a deviant offspring, why didn't it work here? Because I've gotten a deviant (pet/415938) out of this dragon pair before without DCA.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-12-30 23:05:51 — Link

Linnix, your baby isn't homozygous neither for color nor for pattern. There's nothing to amplify for DCA. These parents can produce a homozygous black baby, but it's only 25% for each breeding. DCA doesn't affect the genetics, it works with deviance only.

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-01 22:30:10 — Link

I see. The way I understood, DCA turns the 25% chance into 100% when used on the mother. My mistake then.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-01-01 22:50:54 — Link

Just to be clear, 100% DCA turns the flat 10% deviance chance to 100% when a baby gets right genetics. In your case it's 25% to get the right genetics. Homozygous color or pattern is a condition for the deviant color itself to work. There's no chance that a heterozygous baby will become deviant, and nothing for DCA to increase. So without DCA it would be total 2,5% to get a deviant from this breeding.

• Linnix
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-02 02:49:17 — Link

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla