Boards < General < Help < Inbreeding and Degeneration

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 01:13:35 — Link

Wait, so if one has degeneration 1 and the other 0  but they're NOT related, th child has 0? even if, say, two of his grandparents are related amongst themeselves?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:50:08 — Link

SpaceShipRat, if parents are relatives withtin 3 generations, the child will get Grade 2 in this case. If they are not, it won't get Degeneration at all but, of course, will inherit the negative genes from a parent who obtained them because of Degeneration.

• hicaniplay
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 01:18:10 — Link

So if you had Degeneration 3 and bred it to an unrelated pet (Degeneration 0) the child would be Degeneration 0 as well, correct? 

And a Degeneration 1 bred to a Degeneration 1 but without relatives among them - would that be Degeneration 0 or 2? 

I'm just curious here how it works - I can't really imagine someone purposely breeding this way xD 

And a bit unrelated, but is that the same with Hero? Genetic Power 2 bred to Genetic Power 0 equals a Genetic Power 1 child (assuming both are max level 50)? So that you have to breed same Power or greater to increase the child? 

Would breeding a Genetic Power 2 to a Genetic Power 3 get a Power 2 or 3 child? 

(Sorry if this is answered elsewhere already!)

If you play Aywas and would accept BP in return for pets/silver/items, message me! :D

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 05:42:58 — Link

This is a bit tangential, but I am in fact breeding so as to get Degeneration status, though nothing as convoluted as these hypothetical situations. :P

And I think your understanding of Degeneration is correct, but not Genetic Power. As I understand it, even one parent at level 50 creates a chance of getting Genetic Power 1, and the parents' grades are passed on to the children when applicable. Further clarification on the differences in mechanics between the two would be appreciated, however. ^^

#33507 on Aywas

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-05 18:18:08 — Link

So if you had Degeneration 3 and bred it to an unrelated pet (Degeneration 0) the child would be Degeneration 0 as well, correct?
Yes, you're right.

And a Degeneration 1 bred to a Degeneration 1 but without relatives among them - would that be Degeneration 0 or 2?
It will be Degeneration 0.

Genetic Power 2 bred to Genetic Power 0 equals a Genetic Power 1 child (assuming both are max level 50)?
Yes.

So that you have to breed same Power or greater to increase the child?
Same or with 1 Grade of difference, otherwise child will benefit only from parents' levels and get only 1st Grade.

Would breeding a Genetic Power 2 to a Genetic Power 3 get a Power 2 or 3 child?
If both parents are level 50, it will be Grade 3. If not, it depends on the amount of dominant genes which the baby inherits from each parent. If the baby resembles the parent with Grade 3 more than parent with Grade 2, it will get Grade 3 too.

• hicaniplay
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 22:13:11 — Link

Oh that last one is really interesting! I assumed the parents would always have to be max level or the baby wouldn't get a Power at all. That's really nice of you to have it that way - kinda a reward for working so hard you can slack a tiny bit far down the line :P

Tthanks for answering Angel! And for making this great game :D

If you play Aywas and would accept BP in return for pets/silver/items, message me! :D

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-25 05:27:03 — Link

The mechanics of the Degeneration will change with tomorrow update. There was a misunderstanding between me and coder on this, actually the inheritance of the degeneration should work a bit different. 

Degeneration always increases or decreases by one grade (except the case of normal breeding and no Degeneration in parents). If parents aren't close relatives, the Degeneration grade of their child will reduce by 1.

Right now all the pets who are affected by this rule doesn't have degeneration grade at all to match the wrong information which was given previously and more advantageous for the pets.

Sorry for the confusion.

• RainbowDash3
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 08:25:17 — Link

After reading this whole post I am still a little confused lol. 

So if I breed pets that have the same relitives but the same relitives are more then 3 generations then the baby will not get a Degeneration at all?

• Caleili
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 10:38:56 — Link

Exactly right, provided the parents don't have a degeneration level of two or three themselves, in which case the child would have a degeneration level one level lower than it's parents.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla