Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Being able to delete your own threads?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-27 12:26:36 — Link

I think this might be really helpful because sometimes when you host raffles and giveaways and then it's finished you don't want it there any more? Any ideas?

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-27 16:09:06 — Link

Sorry, no support. 

As a moderator part of my dudty is to oversee the forums and this includes making sure that people follow the rules and everything is neat and tidy. 

If another user reports someone for posting something terrible it is nice to have somewhat of a papertrail behind it (even if they edit). When a warning is given it attaches itself to that post. 

If someone asks me to remove a thread I will if nobody has posted on it. If others have posted I simply lock the thread. When I delete a thread all of the other users who have posted on it lose their posts. Which is not something I generally like to do. 

I'm perfectly happy to remove threads if you put "delete" in the title or PM me. It's my job ^^ 

I would -LOVE- a button where people could report a thread by clicking on it. This would be so useful and would send alerts to the staff. I would fully support this suggestion!! 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Chelona
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-29 15:16:10 — Link

But being able to lock ones own thread then?

It could help OP stop a thread that has begun to go off topic from derailing completely, or to just put an end to the thread when one has gotten an answer one was looking for. Also helps with threads that are no longer valid, like old give away threads and what not. 

Glowing mushrooms :3

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-30 03:04:17 — Link

Locking is something that would be okay, as long as this meant that users could not unlock threads locked by staff. I'd be perfectly okay with this! :)

@Chelona- I've made a few suggestions for a "report" button to be added to the firums that will go right to the staff. Currently unless myself or another staff member sees it, or we are PM'd we won't notice. 

• Veveiane
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-06 19:59:42 — Link

I actually wouldn't mind deleting my own threads. As for moderators, maybe if we delete it the thread actually goes somewhere else for moderators to check (if rules are followe, etc..) and they can delete it permanently.

Because I have some threads I would love to delete so I can make new ones.

PERSONALLY BRED THRODAMA MORPHS  by Veveiane

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-06 21:21:01 — Link

See the problem with deleting a thread is that all of the posts below that thread are deleted, so you are technically deleting other people's posts as well. That means their post count goes down as a result. This removes the post history for that user and they won't be able to view it at all. To keep this intact the thread cannot be deleted. Moved or locked would be where it is at. 

I'd be okay with people locking threads. Or moving them to an "archive" that is still viewable.

I've requested a "report" button so that people can report a thread, pet, or post for removal, locking, or other moderation. Hopefully this will be implimented. It will make so many things much easier. 

I will also request an "archives" forum where I can  move all locked threads to declutter. They will still be visible, but will be out of sight. 

EDIT: I also noticed a critical issue with this. When you post you get 10 silver, as you all know. I just tested this with my own account and found that when you delete a thread you still keep the silver made from posting. Though a small amount, users could essentially spam a board they made, then delete the whole thing before the staff were able to do anything. That would not be good o.0

• Veveiane
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-07 19:19:45 — Link

I didn't know you get 10 silver for posting.

I would support the 'archive". I just don't want it to seem like I'm posting too much threads on the Wanted Ads.

PERSONALLY BRED THRODAMA MORPHS  by Veveiane

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-08 00:50:36 — Link

Every post is 10 silver, not much to most. But to newer players it can be!

I also support the "Archive". I agree (not about your posts, perfectly fine), but about de-cluttering the wanted and sales threads :)

I know a lot of people 're-use' threads once or twice.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla