Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < "Recent Topics" Area!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Vindoxious
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 19:19:04 — Link

Have you ever wanted to jump into the verbal fray and catch all the hottest new conversation on a site, but then haven't been able to find the most active threads? We've all been there. But, if in the "Forums" tab we had a "Recent Topics" area that displayed the last ten/fifteen topics that were last posted in, that would make finding information a lot easier!

Pluses about this:

- It would also bump the most recently-made topics, allowing people to get faster answers to their questions

- People would be encouraged to make more posts on-site

- Threads could become popular without constant area navigation!

If you find any minuses/downfalls/cons about this suggestion, I'll post those up here, too.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 20:16:22 — Link

Hmm. I like this idea. Would be a lot easier to see what is going on, especially for stores and such. The only down side I could see from this is when we get more members and the recent topics are flooded with introduction threads or everyone wants to sell something. But like I said, only real downside I see.

Support~

• Vindoxious
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 20:39:39 — Link

I've seen some on other sites, and if they have a big number of "recent topics", there isn't too much problems with "floods"; they're just at the top, which encourages people to post on them, and then they go away as new topics become more popular.

I don't know if there's a suggestion for this either, but I think there should be a bookmark area for threads you like, too.

• TigerKymmie
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 01:06:14 — Link

I did already suggest this a couple of days ago..."Newest Posts"/"Hot Threads"...so yeah, I support this. c:

You can call me Ky<3

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla