Eh...

0 votes / 0%
Not my style

0 votes / 0%
« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-23 23:31:32 — Link

I just created another skin and I am hoping that this time it gets approved.  Its called "Thermal Royalty" and I have a good feeling about this one!  I am now using another site thank goodness and I think this one will be the key to my sucess.  At least I have learned 5 ways not to make a skin my getting mine rejected!

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-25 03:05:11 — Link

Got rejected, I would post the picture for you all to see but I cant figure out how.  If anyone knows how to tell me so you can all see it.

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-27 23:58:32 — Link

I uploaded all my custom skins to photobucket.com if you want to see them.  The password to view the page is CSkins.  Please tell me what to do better next time and witch ones you like so I can improve!

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-01 19:25:23 — Link

Thermal Royalty

This was the one I got rejected on... again.  Any thoughts on how I could improve it to make it better?

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-17 00:21:23 — Link

Password to my photobucket is 'CSkins' with that exact capitals.  Sumbited another one.

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-22 05:10:23 — Link

I am quitting custom skins for a while til I feel like I can do one again.

I am on a record for the Guiness Book of 8 rejected skins.

Rejected:

Face of War

Stone Cold

I Spy

Thermal Royalty

Cotton Candy

Frozen Ancient Princess

Zipper

Monsta

• hollahollaget_$
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-22 23:20:22 — Link

MInd if I give you some tips? 

I think the first few got rejected because they're of low quality. Not the idea or concept, but the image itself. They're pixelated and a bit glaring. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I really do want you to pick back up where you left off because the last ones look significantly better. Angel's issue with the last ones were probably how they were cropped. The best example is the last one where the highlights around the unicorn were cut off/ outside of the picture. I believe what you'ev shown is significant improvement, even if it doesnt feel like it now. 

I think one way to take your skins to the next level is with a palette generator. I've never used gimp, but I imagine there's a way to type in a color code and get the color you want so my suggestion is to look at palette generators like these that I've linked bellow.

http://paletton.com/#uid=1000u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF

http://app.coolors.co/51a3a3-75485e-cb904d-dfcc74-c3e991

Art and skins will always be kinda hard and I understand its always extremely discouraging seeing folks having their skins accepted and their art looks better. But use their art as a goal. Make it your goal to get there. 

I say for now stick with just experimenting with color theory, then move onto other ideas.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla