Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #25

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-09-08 00:00:43 — Link

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

The theme of this week's exhibition is "Black Pearls". All pure black pets are allowed to participate in this exhibition. You will find complete exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

Participate in Exhibition

Game Updates

1. It's possible to view all your referrals (Community -> My Referrals) with tutorial progress for them.
  2. "Forgot Username" option will allow to restore player's username using your email.
  3. Confirmation popups for Pound, Reserve and SPSB in pet profiles now have more specific warning text that tells where exactly you're going to send a pet.
  4. Recipes for Kami event items are removed from libraries.
  5. Dropdown that changes number of entries per page on Item Exchanges is fixed.
  6. *Premium* "Group actions" dropdown at the top of pet group page will allow to send all pets withing a group to Arena or cancel all battle applications at once.

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 10:16:17 — Link

Thanks for #3! No more close calls :D

Edit: Wow, the arena is so full now!

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 10:27:23 — Link

great updates

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 14:16:17 — Link

1. *Premium* "Group actions" dropdown at the top of pet group page will allow to send all pets withing a group to Arena or cancel all battle applications at once.

Excellent.
I've been hesistent of sending my weaker pets to arena, knowing that they'll always end up losing ten times in a row. It was not worth the time.

But if I can do it with a single click...? Might as well do it. Maybe if I list enough pets, there'll be too many for manual battlers to beat and they might actually end up getting some wins.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 14:44:40 — Link

Hooray, this is wonderful :D As always, thanks for listening to players' suggestions! 

And I'm 100% with Zaltys on that topic ;D

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-08 22:34:31 — Link

So happy about the arena. This is awesome! Thanks Angel!! :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 23:33:43 — Link

@Zaltys My thoughts exactly. I don't think I've ever put out so many pets at once, this will help my leveling immensely.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-08 23:44:05 — Link

...I need to sort my tabs,lmao

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 02:54:45 — Link

The new update is really cool, but now the arena is really full. it wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that it takes 10x as longer for one battle to load, and it takes forever to scroll through all the pets. Maybe there should be a limit to how many you can send at one time? Like 50? You can already tell most of the pets will be in the arena for more than a day. :D

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-09 04:38:50 — Link

Hmm Peace... maybe we could have a different method of sorting? Or maybe battle matches could be closer in level (instead of 5, maybe 2 or 3?)... I'm notcing a slight difference myself, but my internet is terrible so it could be me :P

Maybe the limit you can send to battle can depend on stable level? Or perhaps a the ridinghall?? Or a new building (maybe the Battle Broker)?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 05:26:37 — Link

If the arena really does stay this full on a regular basis, maybe a random assortment of opponents could be displayed - like the Pound. Might also allow weaker pets to last longer in Arena by lowering the chances of being manually battled.

• Gryphonfire
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 07:26:16 — Link

Well, I certainly like all these updates ^^ Thanks!

If the arena really does stay this full, maybe narrow the available pets-to-battle criteria a little. Like how when i am trying to find battles for my wildborn pets and i still have to scroll through G3 pets to find the pets mine might actually have a shot at beating.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 10:23:57 — Link

While I might like to have closer restrictions to fit my current battle pet, I can't imagine that this is very easy to code - and even if you pair them by GP (or narrower  level range), what then if there suddenly aren't enough pets in the Arena, then you end up worse than before the change! Wasn't this one reason we actually wanted this suggestion? Before posting here, I went to the Arena with a few pets and while yes, lower levels are abundant, the higher arena is still relatively little populated. With a narrower range (or matched GPs) I might not see any opponents in the Arena at all!

I think mosaic's suggestion is the best way to go (and the first thing that came to my mind when I read the problem). Do it like it is at the pound. If there are a big number of opponents, limit them to a cetain amount (maybe even do a dropdown menu like in trades where you select how many opponents you want to see?) and show that amount of pets only, randomly selected from all the available pets.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 10:31:15 — Link

Guys, if you need training pets, just ask me. One of the reasons i don't put them up often is because if i put them up, ALL the pets that are sitting in the arena that are set to 'autobattle' every few minutes will use up all the Training pets, and the users who come online and actually want to 'manually' train their pets...can't find easy pets to train on.

Ask me, just make sure you tell me the level of the pet you are hoping to train and i'll set them up for you. :3

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-09 17:03:32 — Link

I don't mind having to scroll through the pets to select a fight but it is annoying to then have to scroll back up or down to accept the challenge. What if the accept challenge and refresh buttons were added to the same area as the apply for battle stuff. Then instead of having the whole page scroll up and down, that region stays at the top and only the pets get scrolled through.

Breeder of trash deviants

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla