Boards < General < Creative < Mythology Redone - Anko's Skins

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:20:10 — Link

I have no idea what they are, but I tried adding them and they looked really weird on mine, I couldn't position them well or something.

That's good to hear, I agree it helps. At least I hope people like these because I think we only get gold coins if others use them. It's going to be hard to replace my own rocs since I can't afford the potions. DX

Should I link to the finished/accepted ones in the first post? There is going to be a lot of them. XD

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 03:44:28 — Link

You shoul, though with some basic html links cause some peeps come on with their phones and images are time consuming.

I suspect you will have hundreds of rocs colored too

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 01:10:28 — Link

And a bunch of tiny mistakes that made it look more cute and less fierce were annoying me to death so I've tweaked it again. I'm not sure what do do about the 5 or so skins I've uploaded but if I can I'll probably delete them and fix them up because it's been bothering me so much. I don't mind cute but I don't think of rocs as cute. If you actually care you may have to refresh the old image to see the new one.

I've also gone ahead and added some more fluff to make it look a bit more mythological and less like a normal eagle.

Also, not that anyone cares, but I did have to make sparrowhawk and lavender private until I can delete and replace them because reasons of OCD.

• Yvaine
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 05:30:01 — Link

I love what you did with the Roc. :D The finished product looks amazing. <3 I think I'm going to snag one for Hawkeye once you do Spectacled Owl unless something else catches my eye. XD There are so many good skins that I can't decide which to snag for my first Rainbow Jar. XD 

But, I vote for doing Gryphons next. *nods*

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 06:01:24 — Link

I always likened rocs to the Argentavis magnificens, or even haast's eagle 

• Lumiesque
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 15:39:39 — Link

asdfghjkl

they are so beautiful.

I am trying to decide betweent he black kite or the kestral, because they are too beautiful. .-.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 18:38:08 — Link

I personally imagine that rocs would look a lot like something like a lammergeier. Just very unique and exotic.

For references I used them and harpy eagles; I'm not sure why I've struggled so much getting it to look like I want to though other than the fact I won't reference a photo 1:1 unless it's a commissioned portrait of someone's pet (IRL) and they've asked me to.

So yeah. I'm tweaking the head more today but I won't be updating the bases I've uploaded already. The eagle-like head isn't what I'm going for but I don't find it horrible like the previous derphead. I plan to do better on the other species, put more attention to detail in them in the early stages.

Thank you.

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 03:00:52 — Link

Ah I love the ossifrage, exceptionaly exotioc and adorbaly idiotic .

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 22:39:57 — Link

All roc bird of prey skins are done as of this post, hurray! As soon as harpy eagle and white gryfalcon are accepted you can veiw them on on the skin list by searching "mythic"

Normal, bicolor, and dillute won't take as long, I hope.

Hopefully owl won't take as long as bird of prey... but it probably will. I only have the lesser sooty done. And it took an hour to do. :|

Also, since there's only been one request for the next species I've decided to go with it; gryphon will be next. Partly because I want my best pet to have a nice skin. And he's a gryphon. Of course all of the gryphon markings are based on real animals so they will take ages to do well. DX

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-06 06:01:51 — Link

I LOVE the way the Roc came out! That is fantastic! I would love one of those purties!

You should do a Dragon- I love your dragons ^^

I would love to see a gryphon though! :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla