Boards < General < Creative < Mythology Redone - Anko's Skins

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 09:20:09 — Link

Check the list of custom skins now that it's public to see what is avaliable. See a genetic color there I havn't done you want to use? PM me and request it.

Mythic Roc Base:

Feel free to request which species I do next. Right now I plan to do dragons next but am unbiased.

All constructive criticism is welcome but keep in mind once a base is done I am unlikely to make many changes. (Though it's possible, if you've watched me make the roc base you know this.)

• GloriousGoat
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 09:22:52 — Link

My one critique would be that the plane of the legs/hips don't line up with the plane created by the wingspan, if that makes sense

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 09:28:49 — Link

Yeah, actually, I see what you're talking about. The "center line" created by the tail and wing positions; the legs are at a different angle entirely.

Thank you! One problem I have is, while working on something for hours I can miss fairly major things like this that are very obvious once I've stepped back and taken a break. It really helps to have other people look at point them out to me.

Edit:

Removed WIP to help with thread clutter.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-23 12:36:16 — Link

Actually, yours legs are in that pose:

3<

They should be :

3-<

So try to make the legs a little more far ?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 19:45:25 — Link

the tail is a bit out of line as well, and there are too many primaries

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 21:44:13 — Link

Thank you. :D

Does anyone like anything about it or should I start over entirely instead of fixing the mistakes? XD

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-23 22:10:35 — Link

I like the head, the body and the wings. The only thing is the tail and the legs.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 04:33:59 — Link

xD
I think you did pretty well with the first half, maybe look at more references? the legs do look stumpy but for certain birds of prey that's how they are built >.>

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 10:31:45 — Link

Ha ha, sounds about right actually. XD

Anyway, here is "version 2.0," please let me know what you think. I do appriciate the feedback.

I'm still not sure about those legs.

Edit: Removed WIP to help with thread clutter.

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 20:27:19 — Link

the right wing looks like its pronating but the feathers aren't uhhh cooperating? 

What is this bird trying to do? land? soar, bank?
 is it just after lift off?

some red lining, umm I have no idea what pose you are going for but most birds tuck their legs in for stream line flying. ignore the chest that was me finding the pose position

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 22:45:07 — Link

I'm going for more of a swoop, like it's coming towards something to land or grab, so it's legs aren't tucked in and the tail is flared, it that makes any sense. The references I've focused on are landing vultures and eagles. It isn't right on top of where it wants to be yet, but nearly.

It isn't just flying over normally, if that helps.

I do appreciate your help, I don't mind changing the pose if that makes things more simple.

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 03:30:21 — Link

that one wing might need to be changed, it looks odd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xoWp8MoEfY
3:20 ish
near the end where the harris hawk lands on the flaconers glove, is that the pose?

so I think the problem with the legs are you aren't having them come from the hip and the veiwers left side just looks odd I tried doing it but I did no better <.<

probably a different veiw of the pose?

pretty wings
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5d9ac14f9d11a86b36ccc12d49f44cd8/tumblr_mh7b7idpLD1r4t9h1o1_500.jpg

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-25 04:53:48 — Link

This is fantastic! The feet to seem to be at a weird angle though... Maybe make the head a bit bigger? It seems a wee bit small when you look at the feet. Unless the head is further away.

That looks great though! I'm sure you'll come up with some awesome skins ^^

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 07:07:21 — Link

And first post has been edited with the finished roc base!

Thank you for all your feedback but eventually this got to the point where I needed to finish it and move on to other art. There is one minor change/trim I want to make to the left wing and add a bit to the right leg but this is basically done. I may also add fur tufts to the wings like the current roc but I dunno.

Later tonight I will start doing some colors, if Angel allows it I would like to upload every single roc color. XD

• Rhee
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:04:25 — Link

I thought those were claws like the hoatzin chick had, xD

the legs look better with the feathers on

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla