Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Where no man has gone before..... Star Trek

Boards

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 15:39:22 — Link

Nelix... I found him annoying,

Oh, Dr. Phlox, he wasn't part of star fleet, he was from like the interspecies medical exchange...

How could you not like his smile?

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 17:03:03 — Link

I always forget about Phlox (but that is because as I said before, I didn't much like Enterprise as a Trek series).  I couldn't stop giggling when Trip came to him feeling guilty that Phlox's wife hit on him, but Phlox was all supportive of it because his species does that sort of thing differently.  (The episode was Ep. 14 of Season 2, "Stigma", if anyone wanted to go find it.)

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 18:40:49 — Link

Oh yeah, Phlox was trying to find out details, and Trip was like what on Earth are you doing.....

That was a great episode :D

• Hilary
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 00:30:42 — Link

I recently watched some Next Generation and really enjoyed it. I might have to do a personal marathon of the various series in the future. I've always enjoyed sci-fi books and movies, and I was always a big fan of Stargate: SG1...I guess I ought to branch out. :V

• Moth
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 02:12:31 — Link

I only started watching last summer.

So far I've watched all of TOS, and I'm currently in season 3 of Next Generation.

I saw the three first movies, too. 

My favorite characters have been Spock, Data, and Worf.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-26 07:05:12 — Link

Data is lots of fun. I love him in one of the movies (I'm not even going to bother to think... I know what it is but am too tired to trust myself.) when he asks Picard if touching something enriches his experiance (They were touching Zeprim Cochran (SP?) ship that was the first to have warp and all that...  I just love Data... He wants to be human so badly.

And when he meets the Borg queen and they have a little bit of a love thang goin' on. ...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 14:39:19 — Link

OH, and Tapal!  She has gotta be my favorite vulcan after Tuvok!  

Then there's the Doc from Voyager.  He was so funny!  No body could remember to turn him off.

{This signature was removed for fear of the awesome blinding amazement of it}

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-27 02:08:31 — Link

I LOVED Tuvok!!!

Yes!! The Doctor was the best. If I see him in a role outside of that I can't stop thinking of him as a holographic doctor. He was great.
There were some great episodes of him, and of him and Seven of Nine... Both struggling to be more human... And I swear I saw a touch of romantic interest.... I mean he is sort of mechanical... being a program and all..

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 04:18:01 — Link

I KNOW!  I noticed that.  Poor doctor, he had some failed romances.  It mad me sad....

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-27 04:32:27 — Link

So I wasn't the only one... I really want to re-watch these now. Voyager is my all time fave.

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 06:02:45 — Link

I liked the episodes where they centered on the Doctor's desire to be more human.  The one where he had the holodeck family that was later reprogrammed to be less than perfect (but more realistic), the one where he wrote a holodeck story and a publisher abused his rights (or lack of as he was "just a hologram") and when his data was compressed and he was sent to save his "father" (the real Doctor that created him and his image was based on, who was a crotchety old guy) being some that I liked the best.

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 14:39:52 — Link

Yay!  I'm not the only lover of Voyager.  My family hates it.  They love DS9, but I don't like it all the much to tell you the truth.

I loved those episodes too!  They were pretty funny.  I also liked when they like, went to the future and the Doctor got a portable holograph thing.   Or when he tried to make himself a name!

• Eleya
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-27 17:43:39 — Link

Just wanted to out me as a trekkie too ;)

I watched nearly all of it. DS9 not that much...

I realy like the new films. Spock (I knew him from Heroes too), Chekov, Kirk, and McCoy are great. Well, the others too...
I´m realy looking forward to the second one!

Other characters I like are Data, the Doc (Voyager), and for sure a lot more, i just don´t think of at the moment...

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 20:16:03 — Link

YES! More Heroes watchers!

I like Chekov- I laughed when I realized he was Charlie Bartlett.. Also he is Russian which makes me happy because I'm currently learning Russian.

DS9... just couldn't do it.. I tried... couldn't....

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 03:57:30 — Link

DS9 does start off a bit slow, and even I have trouble re-watching the early couple of seasons.  There are a few early season episodes I like (like the one with Will Riker's transporter duplicate, Tom Riker, posing as him in season 3), but I usually skip them and start about season 4 when Worf joins the cast. 

I dunno why I like it so much when I only like slightly over half of the series, but they do have some interesting (and some funny) episodes.  The episode where they go back in time to the TOS episode with Tribbles is still one of my favorite Trek stories (particularly when O'Brien mistakes another officer for Kirk and Jadzia has the hots for Spock).

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla