Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Where no man has gone before..... Star Trek

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 15:48:54 — Link

OK, I love star Trek, are there any other Star Trek fans out there?

and If so, which ones do you watch?

**I watch them all XD

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-22 18:31:44 — Link

I'm a trekkie. My parents stuck me in front of the TV to watch Star Trek when I was little to get me be quiet.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 20:01:58 — Link

I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be, but I do still enjoy the franchise.  I used to be a bit bigger of a fan (as evident by my massive collection of older Trek collectibles, including toy replicas of phasers and tricorders as well as ships, and my multiple costumes), but I just got a bit burnt out shortly after DS9 ended.  I do still watch reruns and read the occasional novel, though. 

My favorite TV series is DS9, my favorite novels are the ones co-written by Shatner that continue the story of Kirk after "Generations" (and include visitors from the Mirror Universe, my favorite Trek setting) and my favorite movie is Star Trek IV, although the new alternate timeline movie (I refuse to call it a reboot because old Spock still exists, therefore his timeline must still exist) was pretty fun.

I CAN watch Enterprise, but I don't like it as a Trek series all that much (aside from the Mirror Univers two-parter).  If I detach it from Trek and watch it as a general sci-fi series I can enjoy it, but I'm just not very fond of it as a Trek series for some reason.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-22 21:05:28 — Link

DS9 is my least favorite... Just not the characters....

I do love Voyager though... :D Probably my favorite. Such good dynamics between all the new players.

AND PICARD! YES  PICARD!

Also what do you think of the new movies?

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 21:13:42 — Link

I refuse to call the new movies a reboot.  Time travel and alternate timelines are a staple Trek story device, and since old Spock still exists, his timeline should still exist.

I enjoyed the first one a lot and hope the new one will be even better since we won't have to touch on origins and timeline changes and can get right in to the story.  I also enjoy how they updated the "classic" tech, yet still kept a lot of the TOS feel.  If they had changed it beyond recognition I'd be a lot less pleased.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 03:44:05 — Link

I did love the appearance of Leonard Nimoy. And I liked the new Spock (I knew him as Sylar from heroes.. he just has the personality).

I think the cast was fairly good.

I think they did change a lot to make it more 'understandable' to a new group of people. Star Trek will never be the same.... :( But I did like it :)

I wish Voyager had a movie... I'm glad that they at least had long episodes that were split into parts.

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 04:01:45 — Link

I'm hoping that at some point they will dust off the "main" universe for a new movie or TV special.  I'd even be happy if they made an unofficial movie like "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men" (which featured a lot of Trek alumni, most in new roles but a few as the characters we knew them as) that tells where various characters from TNG, DS9 and Voyager are at after a number of years. 

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 16:19:31 — Link

Hmm, interesting, I should get on forums for often, athough to tell you the truth, my lazy self was asleep until I decided to wake up, do art, then go back to sleep.

But I Loved enterprise, especially the altrenate time lines.

DS9, and Voyager... I just didn't watch enough to have real opinions, but I liked the episodes I saw.

And Picard is epic, even has his own song on youtube... the song, depending on the day is either annoying, or catchy. :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo&noredirect=1

Although, if we go with people not in star fleet...... who would be your fave character? I would vote Q XD

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 18:16:26 — Link

Hrmm... Chakotay?? I mean.... he isn't -really- starfleet.... I just like him....

Or Q.... Q is just so funny...

Picard just has so many moments worthy of Memes :D

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 21:36:33 — Link

Yes he does.

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 04:37:22 — Link

My favorite non-starfleet characters are tied with Q (the one we've seen most, not to be confused with Q, Q or even Q's son q) and Garak (the Cardassian tailor/spy), although Neelix comes in at a very close second.

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 00:36:29 — Link

I'm not the only Star Trek fan out here!  AWESOME!

I've watched every one of them.  I find Voyager is my favorite.

{This signature was removed for fear of the awesome blinding amazement of it}

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 00:39:52 — Link

Hmmm...favorite non startreck character...hard.   I like Neelix, but he always seemed eccentric.  What was the girls name, the one that Neelix was in love with?  I always liked her. 

I liked Chakotay too....he was cool.  Baylana was awesome too.  Her life story made me cry though.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-25 05:15:28 — Link

Kes? She is AWESOME! Too bad they die so young :(

I do like Seven of Nine though.... she is prettyyy dang bad@ss

I didn't like Neelix when they first met him.. then liked him.. then found him annoying again...

Ohh B'Ellana- I do like her and Tom together :)

• Everlost
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 14:40:17 — Link

Kes!  Yeah, her mind powers where awesome!

Seven of Nine was really cool, but I liked the borg children more.  They were so sweet!

Tom was pretty awesome.  

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla