Boards < General < General Chat < is this game dying?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• chrismmain
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-21 07:27:31 — Link

I want to play, im enjoying it...but these forums seem dead and theres not many people playing :(

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-11-21 17:43:32 — Link

I'm here! :)

I want more people as well. Some sites can have very slow starts but blossom into something awesome. I'm hoping this will stick around because I really like it here. This is the site I'm most active on.

Don't despair!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-21 23:04:51 — Link

I'm too. I really hope Beast Keeper will be more popular from time to time. Would be sad if it dies already, did not finish my goals yet :D

- Valar morghulis -

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-22 00:51:33 — Link

Same same

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-11-22 03:31:38 — Link

Agreed. I would be really sad if it dissapears. I'd like to get more players. It would be cool if we had a recruiting game, but that may encourage multi-accounting...

OMG 1,000th post!! :D

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-22 07:23:00 — Link

I'm here, at least twice a day.  I hope the game stays and picks up.  I know some have trouble getting some of the materials needed for buildings, I'm suggested they post in the wanted section for help as everyone is pretty friendly here.   I did and I was able to build the inn.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-11-22 19:37:06 — Link

Aww. I'm glad that people helped you Galerane.

I think we need to build more a of a community. Yah know what I mean? Maybe we could have more forum games and people could pitch together for prizes and all.

• HermionexDawn
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-25 23:26:22 — Link

Yeah i joined last night and this is an awesome game!

You've got me caught in a place

Panic for a minute,

Got my mind in a daze,

I wish you weren't in it,

There are so many ways,

To lose your attention,

You can break everything,

But so what,

I can take anything 

-Ellie Goulding

• Abeast
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-28 20:12:13 — Link

I started playing this and around 3 other games at the same time... First this seemed like the most confusing one for me but it have ended up being the only one of thouse games I still play :D

I enjoy this game! :D

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-28 23:43:07 — Link

I haven't played much lately because of school pressures.  I suspect that a lot of the people who play this site are in school and that the game will pick up a bit once winter break starts.  Just guessing.

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-29 14:00:10 — Link

The games been slowly dieing since the drama that accoured with Aywas back when the site was newer. It's going to take a lot to pull this game back to life, and the competition from Flight Rising is a major issue. I really do enjoy this site, and would love to see it more active and alive.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-11-29 16:23:32 — Link

bluestar20337, "Aywas drama" occured when the game was less than a week old. Of course I'm a bit biased, but I think that game can't die before it was actually born :) I think it will be more correct to say of the slow start. We never had community that is larger than now. The massive user registration at the start was caused only by the attempt to accuse us in art theft. These users never were the part of our community and it seems that they do not belong our target group too because we're not so focused on art.

We're still in beta phase and have completely no advertising except those 3 forum posts made on the date of beta release. Please remember that we're indie devs with a team of two, and to optimize the process of development we prefer to focus on new features and  bug smashing right now. Community management, advertising and server maintenance takes a lot of resources and time. We can't afford large community before the game is actually finished and prefer to work with a small group of beta-testers until release. To our mind, it would be unfair and unwise to start the massive advertising without being able to support all the new players who will come.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-11-29 21:37:18 — Link

@Angel. I respect that strategy. Many games invite lots of people in the day they open and the site crashes because they can't handle it. Then people encounter all these bugs and they become so numerous, and staff has such little time do deal with it that people leave. I like that you guys are taking the time to make sure the site can handle the traffic and has smooth game operation before release.

When the site does open after Beta what ways will you all be advertising? WIll users have a part? Will there be recruitment contests, or banners for us to share?

What do you mean by community management? Would it be possible to extend some of that burdern to some users? Or something similar? Maybe give users the power to host games/contests and you guys could provide the backing for the reward? Or even have some users help manage the community? I'm sure there would be willing and trustworthy members- It's just a matter of finding them.

I know at one point you mentioned that it was hard for you guys to make stories/background because of the language barrier? What about having users proofread or perhaps create stories under the staff's guidelines? It could be a fun contest.

I really do like this site too. I spend most of my internet time here rather than other pet sites. I enjoy being with sites from their release and onward. I just feel like I understand game play more... more so than I understand say Aywas or Flight Rising which I joined later...

This site is very unique- which is part of the reason I love it so much. I love the breeding/genetics system and enjoy how I can create my own skins. I can't wait until we have more users to share it with. Though I think I'm becoming way too accustomed to what will soon be premium only benefits. o.0

Thanks Angel.

• HermionexDawn
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 06:46:56 — Link

If you need any mod help i'd be happy to Angel i don't want to see this site just crumble and die like dragonadopters -sniff-

You've got me caught in a place

Panic for a minute,

Got my mind in a daze,

I wish you weren't in it,

There are so many ways,

To lose your attention,

You can break everything,

But so what,

I can take anything 

-Ellie Goulding

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-12-03 21:40:35 — Link

Honestly, I was starting to wonder... Mainly because it feels like there haven't been any gameplay changes in a long while. 

As for beta testing... I've ran out of things to test. There are some features that I consider to be unbalanced (such as tactics, and weekly leaderboard rewards), but no outright bugs. None that I can find, at least. 

Is there anything in particular that you want us to focus on?

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla