Boards < General < General Chat < Tactics Logic Contest

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 16:27:42 — Link

Aelisk, thank you for pointing this, this moment was missing in the description of Theory of Chaos. Maneuvers do not score points too if they are rolled with the Theory of Chaos. Theory of Chaos is actually an upgraded version of Maneuvers and uses the same move maneuvers, so it will be an overpower if the points scored twice for them.. I added this moment to tactics FAQ, sorry for the confusion.

And sorry once more, there's already a solution based on the Theory of Chaos and movements. You can change your combination to another one if you wish. 

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 16:55:25 — Link

Please note that Theory of Chaos blocks your tactics too, for example Compensation.
Although, Maneuvers and Compensation will work together without problems.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 18:09:34 — Link

@Angel

is the contest over yet? or are you waiting for more people?

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 21:31:57 — Link

If the two tactics can't stack, then I'll change it to the squad I have here then, just take out hold the line and replace with... Regeneration
http://beastkeeper.com/profile/364/12825/1  Well, its changed pretty drastically from my squad now, but the basic style is still the same.

One leader with Unspecified defense, Leadership 2x, Wait
2 with Unspecified defense, Acid Strike 2x, Wait 
1 with Unspecified defense 2x, Acid Strike, Wait

The goal is to hit the leaderships, reroll defenses if you can. Although this is similar to stephofd's situation, its different (and it'll work better) because this team is depending on not hitting any attack worth less than 3 points. This is important since a 3 pt attack multiplied by 2 by leadership = 6 will outdamage a 2 pt defense (x2 from Leadership, +1 from Hold the line) = 5.

Also, it might be good to note the part: "No tactics will work for your opponent except Manuevers and Theory of Chaosdoesn't need to be added, since one condition of Theory of Chaos is to get more movements than the opponent. And if you fulfill that condition, the opponent can never fulfill the condition they need to activate their own Manuevers and Theory of Chaos. It was this bit of logic that confused me in the first place, since without the bit you just added, it translates to "Manuevers and Theory of Chaos are able to work together".

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 21:52:55 — Link

Aelisk, it's not exactly so.
You need to score more movements than your opponent to neutrilize his tactics. But in case when you have 4+ movements, you still score 1 point for every movement even you have less movements than your opponent.

Sorry, we can't approve you current combination, it has too mani specific maneuvers. You can use up to 7 only according to the rules.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 21:59:12 — Link

Ah I see, I just noticed that rolling more movements than the opponent is only a condition for Theory of Chaos, and not Manuevers. 

So then if you have Theory of Chaos, and the opponent rolls more movements then you... Do you still get the 1 point for every movement bonus?

____

Oops, I edited my post before. If I can't specify it to be a defense-type, then just changing it to fully unspecified is fine too.

Apparently I can't count -.-; It should be 7 now.

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 22:10:40 — Link

Yes, that's right

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 23:40:19 — Link

It's time to announce the results!

NightbaneWolf, you lost. Your opponent stands firmly. Your tactics will never win.

zaverxi, you won. Even bad luck can't make this tactics fail. Your prize is 5 x Mutagen, 1 x Squad Energy Potion and 1 x Heart Fruit. 

stephofd, you lost. Your victory is not a rule but a pure luck. Sometimes you manage to win but there are a lot more losses than victories.

drak, you won. Indeed, what's the reason to close the ranks against an opponent who isn't going to attack? You win 2 of 3 battles. Your prize is 5 x Mutagen and 1 x Squad Energy Potion.

Comments: drak's solution is opposed not to HtL but to Counterstrikes. It multiplies the points from Regeneration with leaderships. Theory of Chaos is just an addition here because there's only two movements and it's not enough to use it in its full value. It works a bit worse than zaverxi's solution.

Aelisk, you lost. Your squad makes bloody sacrifices before the battle to propitiate the capricious elements. They favour you in half of the battles but the second half fails.

Comments: Elemental Attacks score a lot of points with Leadership but they forbid to make rerolls. Player has to count on good luck only because he needs to get the good results from the first roll. This a 50/50 case.

Thank you for participating and congratulations to winners!

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-27 23:45:54 — Link

I want to point that not all possible victory solutions were found by players. I see at least two more solutions for this task.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 23:50:34 — Link

A good contest Angel, Voren_eril.

Thanks for the flavor text, it made me laugh :D

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 00:28:38 — Link

Congrats zaverxi and drak! Good job.

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 00:47:03 — Link

Wow, thanks and congratulations to everyone who participated!

This contest was a great idea and I think the thread will be a useful reference for the better understanding of the Tactics system.

I know my strategy works only if I roll more Leaderships than the opponent but I'm curious what are the other possible solutions. Too bad there weren't more entries ^^

I killed the thread.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 09:18:39 — Link

Aww drats

but lol, I actually used pets I actually had for this one,lol, just to test it out in the test environment...cause I needed some way to check it out, LOL.

...had a small feeling it might not work...lol

but ah, ok, needed to check if it actually count any actual points or not as an attack,lol

...so I guess I found another way to not beat hold the line tactics then...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-28 16:47:39 — Link

YAY!

....now I just need to get the pets I talked about in mine.

*goes to level up pets for breeding GPs*

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla