Boards < General < General Chat < Tactic Battle Chat

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 7 8 | Next »

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 05:49:14 — Link

Does anyone have any tips for my squad? I haven't had much luck, so I haven't been on the tactic map for awhile now...

i don't think it is the pets, I think it is just the wrong pets I'm picking for a squad.

look at this pet!

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/115700

i wasn't even tryig to get all green stats. Lol

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-26 06:09:08 — Link

Nice! All green!

I think you should try to shoot for dominant magic horn in his offspring as well as regeneration. Fragrance isn't bad dominant if you pet has a good attack base (double their next roll if there is an attack for that pet being made!)

The fact that he is GP 3 opens him up to some awesome moves after he gets some wins :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 06:17:48 — Link

One thing I noticed is that you really have to read what the tactics do. For instance, the unlamented Birdlove had that Hold the Line tactic that was messing up stang pretty badly, and reading it, it said if they rolled more defensive maneuvers than you rolled attack, they got a bonus. Well, a good strategy against that would be petrifying gaze, which says your opponent can't roll defensively that turn.

Also, rolling two Leaderships is a bad thing, it makes both count for 0, I noticed that.

My highest score that I've ever gotten in a single row is a basic attack, counterstrike, fire breath, and leadership. That single line was a score of 12.

I bet if I had my silent pace puma and my counterstrike unicorn on a team with a firebreathing dragon and a GP 2-3 pet, I could get even higher.

Roll sneak attack, fire breath, counterstrike, and leadership in the first roll? 16 points right there! Pretty sure there's plenty of combinations to use, that's what makes this so interesting. Simply bulling forward with attack attack attack isn't all that great. 

There's one called 'Maneuvers' and it says this: 

'You move skillfully and choose the best location to take action at the battlefield. You score 1 point for every Movement maneuver if you rolled 4 or more such maneuvers.'

So a good strategy would be to get this and roll lots of movements. Combine that with the fact that movements themselves give a bonus if you roll 4 in a row and double your points next turn, well, you could easily make up for the fact that you didn't score any points that turn. But then get a major bonus at the end.

Just saying.... there's no one right way of doing things. All these lovely maneuvers, none of them are perfect. This is why there's strategy involved. Tactics!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-26 06:25:24 — Link

Woah, we're doing tactical battling? WOAH! Hahaha, lol

Yeah, so far everything seems fairly balanced. Nothing is terribly overpowering as from what I can see everything can have some sort of counter. And the odds aren't easily stacked either. Those that do well do so because they have good pets and tactics.

This all shows me I need to breed better pets. Get some combos in there, and some wins under my GP pets!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 07:11:04 — Link

Or we could wait till their maneuvers changes XD

unfortunately I don't have the right pets, Drats,lol, I have petrifying gaze, but the pet in specific is riddled with negative stats from panic, , sprain, and stuff...so not a good idea to bring him in,lol

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 14:23:24 — Link

But what would be the best pets to have in a squad? (For me) :)

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 16:48:56 — Link

ALERT ALERT BIRDLOVE IS TRYING TO COME BACK TO THE PORTAL, FIGHT HER OFF TO THE SOUTH. I tried fighting her off but 3 counterstrikes at the end and hold the line is no joke. >_< Hold the line scored 11 points.

• birdlove
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 19:36:07 — Link

I've met a sweet Tactician guy today and fell in love. Too bad that I had only one love letter to arrange a date... But I hope to get one more when he decides to leave me. He knows his business perfectly and saves me 5 hours every time when I fail my defense roll :)

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 23:41:39 — Link

I have a tactician birdlove, two actually.

Tori River

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 23:58:52 — Link

Birdlove you're breaking my heart, I know strategies that'd work against you, I just don't have the right pets pff. Why you gotta fight me, man, it makes me cry.

• birdlove
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 00:41:35 — Link

Peace123, thanks, I'll keep you in mind as potential seller of Tactician invite :) Mine is staying with me for one more day so I still have a chance of finding invite on the islands for now.

zaverxi, nothing personal, this was the shortest way to the portal. And you're still on the zone adjacent to the portal so actually you didn't lose anything from my attack. Btw, why don't you unite with other players to get the pets that will work against me? You have some kind of alliance as I see, why not use its united powers? That's why people usually create alliances :)

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 01:09:54 — Link

That's a good idea, but this is trying to herd cats, I think. People would want to be the one to have the team in question. And the vital parts are the ones that need pets with victories, which take a while now. We should have done so when demo squad energy drinks were available.

Ok, so as I posted in the other thread, a good strategy to use against hold the line and all those nasty counterstrikes are Maneuver, Theory of Chaos, Petrifying Gaze, Magic Horn, Musical Larynx, and lots of movements. I have no idea if this works or not, but it'll require having a GP3 pet who won 20 battles and a GP2 pet who won 10. I have a couple pets with Maneuver, so we just need a GP3 pet that's won 20 battles. Also, I only have a single cockatrice with petrifying gaze, though he's got a negative tactic too so not so good. I do have a roc and a gryphon with musical beak, but I'd still be missing agility > 100 for that double maneuver gambit. Not as necessary, however, since you can still roll movement without that.

Can people breed unicorns with magic horn, battle cry, or petrifying gaze without negative stats? That could be the way to go. And someone with GP3 pet who's won a lot? That Theory of Chaos tactic is hardcore.

I only have a couple GP3 pets sadly, and those were given to me.... I'm not a good breeder and they disappeared from sales ahaha.

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 01:29:46 — Link

I could try. but I haven't focused much on magic horn...

Tori River

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 01:46:00 — Link

Slowly working on a GP3 puma, but it requires me to get my GP1 female up to level 50 (She's 41) and then breed her with a GP1 or GP2 male to get a GP2.... and hope that one's female. I got my lovely GP2 male with awesome stats, but the theoretical GP2 female that I'll breed also needs to get up to 50 and I'm not online enough to have that happen any time soon ahaha.... In the meantime, got a nice GP3 gryphon but no ladies to breed him with. Anyone wanna work out a deal for that? Offer him for stud real cheap, you keep one baby, I get one baby?

• Toshi_!
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 02:29:55 — Link

Zaverix, I have a cockatrice female with petfreying gaze, i have vemonous claws, posion teeth so far, i am working on more. 

As for my puma's i have one male with mucial layrx. 

A Uni male of mine has regen, and i am working on magic horn, as well. I have a filly i think with a ress magic horn. 

Oh and most mine are not even 1GP, some will be gettign to levl 50 soon i hope. 

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 7 8 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla