Boards < General < Help < Genetic Power Inheritance - Now I'm Confused.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-30 05:00:44 — Link

So from previous discussions and reading through the FAQ, I once understood that level 50 is not the same as a genetic power, and a level 50 GP0 X level 1 GP1 does not guarantee gp1 children.

But then my level 50 GP0 Nocturne and shilar's not level 50 GP1 Sienna popped out with 15 out of 15 GP1 offspring. And I thought, okay, apparently I don't understand the FAQ. These offspring are inheriting equal # of genes from both parents... It just looks like I was flat out wrong.

Then today, level 50 GP2 Turbulence and not level 50 GP3 Progenitor makes a GP2 baby, which matches with my original understanding of how inheritance works.

So then whats the deal with the 15/15 GP1 gryphon babies? Is GP0 a special number that bugs out the GP inheritance formula? Or was there a ninja update that changed GP inheritance?

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• MissShadowHunter
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-30 05:11:24 — Link

I think it is just pure luck, as long as most dominant trades belong to the GP 1

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-30 05:17:14 — Link

I've researched the genes on my gryphons, so you can see that most of them are not inheriting 7 or more dominant genes from the GP1. This one, for example, is 5 from each parent.

GP inheritance isn't just pure luck. For two level 1s with genetic power one level apart, it requires 7 or more dominant genes from the parent with higher GP in order for the baby to inherit the higher GP too. Same for parents of the same genetic level, but with only one at max level.

For Example: Parry (Lvl 50, Gp1) X Vin (Gp1)

Inherits 7+ dominant from Parry: GP2 
Inherits less from Parry: GP1

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-08-30 18:34:28 — Link

Thanks for pointing this out, it turned out that the FAQ isn't full about this question. I talked with our coder to clarify the logic. There's one small moment which isn't described in FAQ yet. I'm sorry for this, this moment was a surprise for me too.

As you already know, there's a genetic competiton between mother's and father's genes to define whose GP the child will inherit. There's only one side of this competiton is described - when the "better" parent is a winner and the child gets the higher GP. But when the "best" parent doesn't win, the genetic winner status is applied to the "worst" one. If there's no obvious genetic winner (7+ dominant genes), then the pet with less GP wins. In this case it will be the pet with GP 0. But the same pet has level 50 and gives +1 GP to its children because of its level. So in fact when we're breeding Level 50 GP0 with Level 1 GP1, all offsprings will be GP1 - they inherit GP1 either from the GP1 of the "best" parent or get it from the level 50 of the "worst" one.

Is this explanation clear enough?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-08-30 19:37:42 — Link

This brings me back to biology and some math classes.... o0. I'm a visual learner.

I -think- it makes sense to me now. I was thinking along the same lines of Aelisk... but I guess this makes more sense.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-30 23:03:31 — Link

Huh. I thought that when the GP of the parents differs by one, level 50 on one parent only doesn't matter and you need both at level 50 for a GP increase. Aka, you either can opt to inherit GP when the parent's GP is unequal, or you can opt to gain GP through one parent's level 50 when the parent's GP is the same... but not both at the same time.

Explained more in this thread here, (Warning: Really old <_<;) http://beastkeeper.com/thread/2367. Its a GP1 Lvl 50 Unicorn crossed with a GP2 Lvl 1 Unicorn, but making a GP1 baby.

If we follow your logic for the gryphons, the offspring between Turbulence (Level 50, GP2) and Progenitor (GP3, not level 50) in my first post should have turned out GP3, since the inheritance either takes from the GP3 side or the GP2 (+1 due to level 50 = GP3) side. And the Unicorn in the linked thread should have turned out GP2 for the same reasons.

The gryphon logic seems more intuitive than the reasoning in the linked thread -
...I would definitely like it if GP2 Level 50 + GP3 Level 1 = GP3 100% :P

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-01 16:04:22 — Link

Yes, one more detail here, sorry. This rule (+1 GP for the level 50 GP0 parent) is applied only to the parents without genetic power grade and doesn't work for the higher GP grades. The reason of this was to make getting the competitive pets a bit easier at the start. For the higher GP grades, both parents need to be level 50 to get +1 GP for the child, otherwise it will just inherit existing GP from the parent who won the genetic competition.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-01 23:47:49 — Link

I see.

Thanks a ton for the clarification, Angel.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla