Boards < General < General Chat < Let's thin out the Pound~

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-16 06:30:23 — Link

(Apologies if this idea isn't allowed or is in the wrong forum.)

I'm sure everyone's noticed the over-abundance of pets in the Pound. It really makes me sad, thinking about how lonely and sad they must be without a home. And no one wants to adopt them, since if you get stuck with something you don't want, they'll be eating your food and taking up space for 7 days!

Well I'm on a mission to give more incentives for adopting. Actual incentive. It's simple, really. You can send adopted pets to a Reserve, if you have one, without waiting 7 days. So basically, if you adopt a pet from the Pound and send it to your Reserve, I will give you 1000s.

You heard right. I have a lot of cash and no hard and easy way to spend it, so I figured that I would do something useful with it. You don't have to send your pound pet to your reserve if you happen to find a gem among the abandoned. But if you weren't thinking of visiting the pound today, I hope you will now!

To get your 1000s from me, sell me an item you don't need (like 1 piece of shell or ink) at a price of 1000s, and include the link to the pet that you rescued from the pound. I will be checking if the pet was adopted within the past 24 hours and if it is in a Reserve. Unfortunatly, I can't check if the pet was actually sent to your Reserve by you, but I'll just assume so and won't be such a stickler about things. Unless people find a loophole and abuse it to get more silver out of me. Please don't do that, or else I might be forced to close this project. D:

But what about if you don't have a Reserve? I have a lot of building material and Reserve blueprints and silver to sponser those that want to participate in this group effort. If you don't have a Reserve, post here with what you need and I'll send something to help you out. I don't want to go completely broke so I won't send everything you need unless it's not a lot. I want to focus my silver towards rewarding people for adopting. :3

If anyone else wants to help out, by funding or some other means, then feel free to message me. Otherwise, this thread is open for posting. :D

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 17:32:59 — Link

Ah, this sounds like a great idea! I need to save up enough coins to construct a reserve though. ^^

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 01:43:23 — Link

Wonderful idea, Piney. The pets would be much happier in the reserve.

• Caleili
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 07:56:30 — Link

That's a really good idea! I try to help out by naming the bad genes pets I get to indicate it, but so many people don't. Once I get around to building a reserve I think I'll participate in this.

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 17:12:56 — Link

Built my reserve, but have only ended up with good pets from the pound so far, yay. ^_^

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-23 00:18:56 — Link

Drat. I just upgraded my stable. I would love to do this. I hate seeing the pets in the pound, like you. I don't even think I'd do it for silver (though it is nice!).

I have no wood, no stone, and only a quarter of the clay needed. When I have that I will join up :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-23 03:26:12 — Link

This is an awesome idea.

• Xenocon
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-23 04:26:44 — Link

I would love to do this!!  I just don't have a reserve!  I adopt from the pound daily since I started and have found some great pets so far.  Some stats not so excellent but still fun colors or just plain janes.. :) I just adopted Little Red Hen today and yesterday it was Ferrier both Cockatrice :)

Since I don't have a reserve and no way to look at what *I need If you can update your first post to give the ingredients and statistics needed to build one that would be great then I could tell you exactly what I need...  I have a few pets out on quest and should be getting about 5000 silver from them  I hope that is enough to build it.  Then I just need to make sure I have the material. :)

Once I have established myself a bit more ( like get a stable going) I can also help in more ways in this Pound Endevor. :)  PS I am on everyday!!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-23 05:33:26 — Link

I'm building a reserve now thanks to a very nice person :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-23 10:23:46 — Link

I'm happy this is getting more attention now! I had sent Piney a message about this before already, it's wonderful that others have found this thread now too :)

Sadly, my plans for my Reserve are to put one pet of each colour in, which means I can't really participate in this (unless I snatch pets of missing colours I guess ;)). However, I would love to help out in other ways as much as I can. 

@Xenocon: You can check yourself what materials you need by going here: http://beastkeeper.com/recipes-list (you get there by clicking on the help tab -> List of Recipies)

At either rate, you need

Bill of Materials
Clay 50
Stone 50
Wood 200
Coins 10000

List of Requirements
Constitution

Send me a message if you don't have enough of any of those things, I can help you out :)

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-05-28 05:23:27 — Link

Ooh, this is a pretty nice idea. And I agree, seeing so many unwanted pets in the pound is quite frustrating.

Id be happy to help sponsor materials for reserves, since I honestly don't play much anymore, I have no need for items. I still need gold for feeding my pets, though D:

I also have a few reserve blueprints if anyone needs them :D

Hey everyone!

• Kiavani
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 08:32:05 — Link

This sounds pretty neat. Maybe once I'm not such a newbie anymore I'll work on trying to thin out the pound.

I'm missing a lot of the materials though and I want to expand my Stable first but after that I think I'll work on building a reserve. Which is going to take a really long time...xD

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-31 00:41:14 — Link

Finally picked a reserve-worthy pet.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-01 07:19:11 — Link

Nevermind about the blueprints...

I already am holding a few pets so I can throw them in the reserve soon..

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-05 18:27:40 — Link

Ah, I don't have any Reserve blueprints ATM, but I'll keep you in mind!

Sending another pound pet to the reserve~.

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla