Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Decrease Adoption Status Time

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-28 18:26:22 — Link

I understand why the "adopted" status was added to pets from the pound, I really do. You don't want people picking up a pet and throwing it back in immediately, you don't want them going to the State Portal Service ASAP. That's why I'm not advocating removing it- it serves a valid purpose.

But, as things stand, the incentive for throwing pets into the pound is much greater than the incentive to remove them. Throwing a pet in the pound gets you 1000 silver, and if you've already used all your State Portal Service uses for the day, that's all you can do to make profit off of unwanted pets. Taking a pet from the pound gets you- well, another pet. Likely with bad genes, but you have no way of knowing. And no matter how horrible, you'll have to spend your money feeding the pet for a whole week before getting rid of it.

This isn't just a theoretical consideration: we're rapidly approaching having 1000 pets in the pound. If we're around 60,000 pets total (which seems about right based on ID numbers, though it ignores those fed to the State Portal Service), that means roughly 1/60 pets are in the pound. And it just keeps growing.

The adopted status serves a purpose, but as it is, it's too much of a deterrant for the pound to be used frequently. Perhaps if it were lowered to two or three days, the pound would be used more, while still preventing the immediate disposal of unwanted pets.

tl;dr: Change the adopted status from lasting a week to lasting 2-3 days so people want to take pets from the Pound again.

#33507 on Aywas

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-28 18:45:04 — Link

I agree with everything in this post. Support.

I currently buy pets from the trades at about 500 silver, use their energy for exploring once, and then pound them for a profit. Best profits I've made are buying from trades at 100, "selling" to pound for 900. Rinse, repeat. I don't care if their name or genes are bad, because they won't be around for too long at all. Don't care if they are worth much more to sell again privately or stick back up in the trades; I can make faster, immediate profit this way, to immediately spend, with very little effort whatsoever. Near constant supply of energy and exploring this way, too.

This is really quite an exploit, but until it is "fixed", I'll continue.

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-28 19:45:21 — Link

I support this idea.  What Haberdasher said makes a lot of sense! I can't say it any better myself.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-28 21:22:03 — Link

I'd be fine with it being around 3 days or so. I do try to get only Nameless pets and then rename them with something relevant (If you see Woodchipper Destiny, Bad Genes, Mixed Bag Genes, Recessive (whatever), etc, that's my doing, lol) but I'm starting to think maybe it'd be better if I threw them into the portal or reserve instead, just to help lower the sheer amount of pets in the pound.

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 00:39:52 — Link

I admit I've been portaling most of the pets I adopted from the pound. I do this because I like exploring with my lower leveled pets, and I can't do that as often. It also helps I have a weird schedule and haven't had much downtime to explore. I'd be all for a lower adoption wait time.

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 04:08:14 — Link

Support

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-29 06:03:33 — Link

I agree. I don't have a portal yet so I've had little choice but to pound some (which I hate doing). I support this fully.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• thestillpoint
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-29 17:20:49 — Link

Support for all the reasons above!

• rainegryphon
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-30 17:23:31 — Link

Support! I was using the pound before daily, but now since it takes up so much of my precious stable space I've stopped using it.

• Viriagan
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 20:20:13 — Link

Support.

From the small crumbs of earth
from the fleece of summer eve
from the memory of a single seed

• Caleili
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 21:33:19 — Link

Support!

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 19:18:24 — Link

*adds support*

i used to grab a pet from the pound regularly, but now i know i'm stuck with it no matter what for a whole 7 days, and i'm having space issues, there's no way i can do that, so i just ignore the pound completely and there are now 1378 pets in it......

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-04 13:48:44 — Link

support~

• Indiana
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-05 18:23:09 — Link

Full Suport! I am also short of space so can't take a pet for 7 days that may be of no use to me at all

• AreilDogs
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-05 22:39:58 — Link

Support!

I've learned that goodbyes

Will always hurt

Pictures never replace

having been there

Memories good and bad

Will bring tears

And words can never

Replace those feelings