Boards < General < Help < Beast Keeper guide

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 16:54:50 — Link

I figured I'd make a guide since I haven't seen any on the site.

First I'll go through the "Pets" tab

My Pets -

1. Here is your stable with pets, here you can see all your pets and choose which pet to use as your active pet. To make it easier to go through your pets you can make different groups to have them in.

2. Here is my group for Pumas, if you click on the tab itself you will go to that group, but if you click on the little cross you will get a pop-up asking you if you want to delete the group.

3. You can click cancel or you can use the drop-down menu to choose which group the pets will go to if you decide to delete the group (Kittys).

4. Clicking “Add New” will let you make a new group for your pets.

5. When you have made a group you simply go to the pet you want to move, click the drop-down menu under “Pet group” and which group you want to move it to.

Capture Wild Pet -

1. The “Catch a pet” tab is where you control your pet catchers, you can hire them, choose which ones to use and place them where you want them to go.

2. If you click on one of the circles on the map you will get to choose which kind of catcher you want to place there.

P.S. Cockatrice & Dragons are reptiles, Rocs & Gryphons are birds and Unicorns & Pumas are mammals.

3. When you have chosen which ones to use you just have to click “Prepare an expedition” and they will start looking.

4. If you scroll down you will have an Event Log, there you can see what has happened to your catchers and if they saw an animal.

P.S. It does not say where the animal is now, but they do like to go back to places they’ve been before

P.S. Remember to keep enough Licenses in your inventory, without them you can't send out your catchers!

More to come :)

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 16:55:23 — Link

Reports -

Here you can see things that have happened in the game; beasts being born, auctions, catchers progress etc.

Buildings -

1. This is an overview of the buildings you have.

2. If you hover over or click on an image of a building you can see what it does.

Craft and Construction -

1. This is where you can see the blueprints/schematics you have learnt. It will say if you can make the items/buildings you know or if you lack money, materials or a pet with enough skill to craft the items/buildings.

2. When you have everything that is needed for the item/building you want to craft all you have to do is type in the quantity (1 in my case) and choose a beast that matches the requirements.

P.S. It may show up in red when you type in the quantity as it does on my picture, this seems to be a bug.

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 16:57:37 — Link

Reserved

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 17:04:32 — Link

Reserved

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 17:19:34 — Link

Reserved

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 17:25:38 — Link

Reserved

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 17:27:58 — Link

Reserved

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 18:53:11 — Link

You wrote that "Pets like to go back to places they've been before", but I think that's misleading.  They will not neccessarily return to the same watering holes or hunting grounds they visited last time.  And if you see a beast go from the cave to the creek in week 1, then in week 2 you do NOT want to put a catcher at either the cave or the creek.  The best bet is to put catchers on the three fields.  I don't know if that's going to change in the future, but right now that is basic pet catching strategy.

• Inky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 20:08:05 — Link

That is true, but if you see that beast go from the cave to the creek in week one there is a good chance that it will be in one of those places later weeks, maybe not week 1-3, but after that :)

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 06:49:24 — Link

If it goes from the cave to the creek in week 1, then in week 3 it will be at the cave, guaranteed.  But the chances of it going to the creek are the same regardless of whether it has ever been there: exactly 50% on week 4.  I still think the way you said it was misleading.

• deebeth89
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-31 07:48:34 — Link

Could you possibly cover the battle moves & counters, that's what I was looking for when I checked this topic although I will definitely be checking back when I need what you already have listed. Thanks.

• krahe
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-02 23:22:37 — Link

Excellent guide so far. :) I have a question about items that you can craft.  I know the buildings and golems have their own sections after they've been crafted but the other blueprints/ schematics of items ( ie: carpet, sundial ) do they go into your wharehose/ inventory after they get crafted or do they have a sperate area they go? 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla