Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper Cosmology

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-24 19:40:02 — Link

Welcome Beastmasters, to the history of our kind… 5 billion years ago our ancestors were forced to emigrate from the planet Earth when the Sun became a red giant and the whole planet became inhospitable to life as they knew it. As their demise became imminent, the surviving humans moved forth and terraformed the moon of Jupiter, Europa, and migrated to their new home. The differences between their new home and Earth were apparent when creatures of huge sizes thrived where they could not have possibly lived in the environment of Earth. It became common to see enormous Dragons, Rocs and Gryphons in the wilds of their new planet. The ancestors thrived in their new civilization for thousands of years on the planet Europa, but  the same catastrophe that destroyed life on Earth now endangers the planet and all of the creatures that have made their home there.

The same red giant sun has melted the ice on Europa and has created planet-wide floods which covered most of planet leaving scattered islands and destroying much of civilization. Whispers from the people tell stories that the remnants of humanity are searching for a way to travel to more distant moons, but there has been nothing to confirm the rumors. Some sources speak of new biospheres which have been kept secret, other life forms, and the potential for new colonies.

While living on the planet of Europa, the people thrived, creating a utopia. Their advanced scientific knowledge of space travel, no longer necessary, gave way to a whole new form of knowledge, convening in the Council of Mages and the Warlock Conclave. The Mages looked over and taught humans, but they themselves were not true humans, not as we would see them. Their own genetic makeup had evolved the genes of other species, giving them kinship with certain animals that were heart-bound and couldn't resist being attracted to the Mages that shared their genome. Many people believe that the Mages possess the secrets of life and can manipulate flesh and soul at will. These supernatural abilities leave an air of mystery surrounding the Mages, and humans look to them with awe and fear. Creatures like Gryphons were believed to be the result of the Mages artificial experimenting, but no one knew for sure whether this is truth or not. Meanwhile, the Mages have continued to research the souls of the creatures of Europa for several years, and they now believe they are close to finding a way to travel to the other moons by harnessing these powers.

The Conclave of Warlocks are born normally, as humans, but choose to modify their essence and body by consuming the powers of different supernatural creatures, such as magickal animals. Even Mages and Druids, who disappeared mysteriously, have been sources of this power. These disappearances have been at the core of the hostility between the Mages and Warlocks that hunt them to consume their energies. Instead of living in a symbiotic relationship with certain creatures as the Mages do, the Warlocks' sole purpose is to enslave and consume the energies of all different creatures and sources.

Written by Erislyn
Concept by Voron_eril

• horsemane01
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-24 22:13:57 — Link

That is awesome! You were a great pick! I love it.

STABLE CLEANOUT! SELLING MANY PETS! PM ME IF YOU SEE ANY THAT YOU LIKE! EVERY OFFER IS CONSIDERED!

SELLING ALL MALE GP3 UNICORNS! (genetic wise almost all my GP3 unicorns have regeneration.)

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-24 23:08:59 — Link

Woooot cosmology :D

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Harpy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-24 23:19:01 — Link

I was wondering about this.  I couldn't remember the back story from the Tutorial, thank you. :3

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 00:22:04 — Link

oh, this is cool :)

• Topaz
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 00:53:35 — Link

very good writing. I wonder what will happen next......

• Erislyn
  • Golden Dragon Historian

Posted at 2013-03-25 02:00:31 — Link

I would just like to point out - the concept of this story was not my own. I was given a prompt for the storyline, and simply improved upon it and drew it out into a narrative.

I am your humble Dragon Historian. My words are passed on from the Elders, and  I am their messenger.

{ Art Wanted } || { Contact Me } || { Guide Requests }

• Pella
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 02:31:33 — Link

Nicely written. When I read the Juipter part, I accidentaly thought we all moved to Jupiter. I was like "We can't live on Jupiter. It is a gaseous planet!" I laughed later when I realized my mistake.

Europa is an awesome moon to pick. Currently it is covered entirely of ice which leads astronomers to believe the surface is entirely covered with water. Wish the atmosphere was more like Earth's!

• Hannah
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 09:14:11 — Link

Very interesting :) I really like this.

Just a tip: I HATE bad grammar, I am a great grammar freak! I hate it when People Talk Just Like This ALL Of The Time, jst lik tis all of the tme, and when people don't capitalize correctly. If you do this, I will most likely ignore you, by the way!

• Trask_Anda
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 11:36:42 — Link

Nice (even if the genetics bit is redonkulous, but eh, fantasy, I'll allow leeway on the matter, seeings as magic exists in this universe), but *clutches at Mycket* What horrifying people. Warlocks seem scary.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 22:46:38 — Link

O.O

Power Fang's staying within sight now, evil Warlocks!

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-28 04:45:23 — Link

Nice work Erislyn! :) Can't wait to see what is next!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 17:01:29 — Link

I'm going to bet this is mage propaganda.  I mean, every conflict has two sides to the story- so warlocks use magical creatures for energies and stuff- no big deal, just like having steak just more expensive.  For all we know, the mages and druids who go missing aren't the fault of the warlock, or could just be the fault of one or two madmen.

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• Karia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 14:39:44 — Link

Its very intresting and nice. I like mystery and adventure stories best.

• StormGryphon
  • User

Posted at 2014-08-15 19:50:23 — Link

This story sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see what it will lead to next in the game.

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are shy and amazing creatures.

Furry-Paws.com: Your virtual dog could be the next champion!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla