Boards < General < Help < A question about fragrance and gracefulness.......

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 02:05:18 — Link

what happens if a pet has both? will it dodge every attack?

since gracefulness says dodge chance is increased by 45% and fragrance says increases dodge chance to 75%........which would add up to 120%

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 02:45:26 — Link

I doubt it; since the percentages are most likely calculated independently.

You'd probably have a 13.75% chance of getting hit (or you'd dodge 86.25% of the time)

If without any bonuses the likelyhood of getting hit was 100, Fragrance (75%) would reduce that to 25, and then gracefullness (45%) would reduce that to 13.75

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 03:18:55 — Link

that would make sense, but i was kinda curious........lol

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 03:33:05 — Link

From the FAQ:

• Accurancy depends on Agility and Intelligence
  • Dodge depends on Agility and Intuition

For example, your pet's Courage and Strength sum equals 30, while your opponent has Constitution and Strength sum of 60. Your absolute damage value will be lowered by 50% (-1% per every 2% of difference).

Dodge and Critical Chance work the same way but using the other stats in formula.

So, using these stats as a figure, for every 2 points difference of the sum of agility and intuition you have over your enemies sum of agility and intelligence you get 1% chance increase to dodge.

This is where I'm unsure if dodge is additive or multiplicative. I'm assuming multiplicative since additive would be nuts and unbalanced.

So, assuming it is multiplicative then you're get 120% increase of your base value to dodge. So for example, say you have 40 points different between the sum of your agility and intuition over the sum of their agility and intelligence. That'd be a base 20% chance to dodge. With both gracefulness and fragrance that value would be multiplied   by 2.2 (100% of the base value + 120% from skills) which would result in 44% chance to dodge. Obviously the higher your dodge chance, the more bonus you would get.

Alternatively they may be calculated seperately which would instead be 20% * 1.45 = 29% * 1.75 = 50.75% chance to dodge. If they're calculated seperately then it's actually better because then it's multiplicative so you're almost guaranteed to hit then dodge cap. As the FAQ also states: Battle parameters can't be modified more than by 50%; so dodge must be capped at 50% chance as well.

Though this really depends on the order and how dodge is actually calculated since if dodge chance is calculated before or after multipliers. Also, if crit is the opposite of dodge then does dodge take points away from crit before hit or hit before crit? Or both?

Really I can't answer these questions without being able to look at the games actual coding. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-22 17:23:07 — Link

irrimn is right, all battle parameters are relative to the stats of fighting pets, they're not absolute. The exact mechanics works like irrimn described in the first example with resulting 44% chance of dodge. A pet can't get more than 50% chance to dodge.

Crit isn't opposed to dodge, it's opposed to Anticrit which depends on Constitution and Intelligence (adding this to FAQ, I missed this stat for some reason). Anticrit doesn't take points from the critical strike, it gives chance to avoid it and transform into normal strike.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 17:28:25 — Link

thanks for the info, i think i can just about get my head around that

however, it does make me think that the percentages given on abilities like that are misleading

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-22 22:55:51 — Link

emmie1977, the same mechanics is used in Heroes of Might & Magic which is believed to be canonical :) We don't know a simpler and more effective mechanics than this.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 23:39:57 — Link

that's fair enough, i just thought it was misleading, but that might just be me......those that are more used to this sort of thing might of understood how it worked far better....as i assumed that a 70% chance to dodge would mean that your opponent only had a 30% chance of hitting you....hence why i asked the question in the 1st place

• Jaygrey9516
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-22 05:28:14 — Link

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/91232

This girl was born today. They've both got some great genes - too bad about their genders. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla