Boards < General < Help < Gene research?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 07:00:07 — Link

I could have sworn there was a building that let you research genes instead of using vermillion? I don't mean the lab, I understand that it lets you research genes in the first place, but I thought there was a way to unveil genes without having to use vermillion to do it. Am I misremembering?

• LiaEvalle
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 07:09:00 — Link

I think you are misremembering :o. There is a way to do selective gene research. but it still using vermillion, so other than lab there is no other free way that I know of

• Erislyn
  • Golden Dragon Historian

Posted at 2013-03-20 09:05:04 — Link

There is a building on the map that will research one random gene while you are exploring the item - but you are not able to choose which one. As maps are randomly generated, there is no gaurantee when you will see any given building.

Hope this helps,
Eris

{ Art Wanted } || { Contact Me } || { Guide Requests }

• Thrice
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 14:26:41 — Link

The building, when exploring, does it actually give a random gene or are your genes predetermined, i.e. if you have low constitution, the genes you unveil would cater to that.

My daughter and I are in disagreement here. She feels all the genes are predetermined and the only way to improve a red stat is to use a mutagenic. I feel, to offer to some interest and hope to exploring and improving a pet, that reveiling a gene while exploring has the possiblity to improve the stats (or on the flip side, damage your stats).

Which one of us is correct?

• perfy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 14:40:57 — Link

Your daughter is correct, the stats are all predetermined. Revealing using a building is the same as researching using vermillion, it won't change your pet.

• Thrice
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 15:36:54 — Link

That is really unfortunate. There will be a lot of pets just tosses aside because their stats are just to bad. It would be more interesting to add that bit of randomness to obtaining/improving genes. It would have people more interested in those lower stats pets (besides forcing the purchase of mutagen).

Just a thought.

EDIT: Actually going to take this thought to the suggestion forum.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 18:03:31 — Link

I have several pets with 'bad' genes that I keep because of their recessive genes.

I prefer the system the way it is; especially when you can breed for genes; randomness of the genes when it comes to the gene building on the explore map would make breeding for genes difficult and would essentially mean I'd have to skip over those very useful building in case it changes one of those recessive genes I want.. Plus that function would essentially make a mutagen useless. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla