Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Pet capture change

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• flightless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 22:50:11 — Link

I think it would be good if e could choose weather or not to train a wild pet or not. As it stands if our catchers find a pet it gets sent right to our cave/lair/whatever. I think it would be nice if we could see the pet first, not see any of it's data, just what species it is, so that we could choose to catch it if we wanted.

So it would say something like: Your catcher found a dragon, do you want to tame the dragon yes/no

We wouldn't be able to see it's genetics as it wouldn't exist yet, but it would mean that if you were looking for a particular species it would be easier to find.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 22:53:30 — Link

I think I suggested something very similar here, but it's good to have its own thread.

My suggestion copy and pasted;

Instead of instantly starting to tame the pet, the pet is set aside and when you next log-in, you go to 'visit' the pet. You can examine the pet, that sort of thing (NOT research genes, just glance at it) and then choose to commit to taming it. If you choose not to, the pet gets released instantly. If you choose to tame it, THEN it starts the three day count-down.

My suggestion includes the ability to see stats, but not have the option to research genetics, which I think might be more useful.

So, obviously, support to the idea of being able to see stats before a decision is made.

* Winter is coming *

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 23:37:59 — Link

I don't know... even if the pet has bad genes, you can sell it or pound it. No support for now.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 00:26:26 — Link

Support- at the very least I'd like to be able to see the stats for my wild caught pets again so I can decide what I'm going to be doing with them

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 00:29:01 — Link

supports option to tame it, with a glance at it you will se a small page with the species and its pictuer, its gender, and maybe a general feel to the creature - "this creature looks optimal" or "this creature looks standard"

optimal would be one maybe 2 green stats. standard would be everything else.

having a general "feel" for the creature would make me feel better about having to wait 3 days to see its real stats and start researching it.

-note if this is done i would say the money is still lost (the license and the "trapper" and the hiring fee) so its not like we are getting a Free reroll

• Swiftla
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 01:03:14 — Link

I like the way it is right now. Taming pets you do not want allows for more circulation of free pets in the pound for new players, or sell them in the auctions for some pocket money.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 01:51:22 — Link

@Swiftla - which is all very well, but even new players will throw back a pet if it has too many red points which got it sent to the pound in the first place.

As it is, I'm not even bothering to send trappers to catch new pets anymore, because its not worth the resources.

* Winter is coming *

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 05:41:27 — Link

flightless: You can see the species before you catch if you build a Cartographer's Guild. Maybe even if you build an Inn and use a Clairvoyant Invite. 

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 21:30:22 — Link

@Restless - I think flightless doesn't mean finding the pet to catch, more the option being there on what to do with it once its been caught.

* Winter is coming *

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 23:07:29 — Link

I support this. Eventually the pound will be full of unwanted pets and not even all pets in sales are sold. Why not save the system the trouble of collecting all the unwanted data by just 'deleting it' by sending it back. You could even get repucusions for this by not being allowed to catch a pet for a day so it's not abused.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 23:17:44 — Link

I support, this would be especially useful to users who only collect certain species.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 23:22:41 — Link

Maybe you could only send back a certain number a day? Something like 3-5 would be fair, I think.

* Winter is coming *

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 01:41:37 — Link

Yess. I support being able to see the pet and confirm taming, even just not showing the stats. I'd like to be able to say "No, I don't want that white unicorn tamed. :|" since I'm mostly trying to get a lot of pretty colored things. 

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 02:07:35 — Link

RedRarebit by seeing the pets using the Cartographer's Guild it's the same thing. Except it's better since you can choose whether you want to try to catch that species before you even spend the 100 silver sending a catcher out.

By the way, it's been changed so you can't even see the stats of a pet you caught while taming it. It says you have to wait until it's tamed to see stats now. So the option of deciding whether or not to even start to tame a pet based on stats/color probably isn't going to happen. Because that's apparently not what the makers of this site want, and they're doing the opposite of that now by obscuring the stats for even longer periods so you can't even plan or easily pre-sell a pet before it's tamed.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 02:13:52 — Link

@Restless - But the issue isn't whether you want to try and catch the species. The issue is once you've CAUGHT the pet, you have the choice to rerelease it based on how the stats look.
I noticed the lack of stats. I guess getting them back is something to put on the list as well then. It seems a very poorly thought out decision, and I strongly urge the admin to reverse it.

* Winter is coming *

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla