Boards < General < General Chat < Breeding Project Questions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• CalicoOaks
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-01 19:24:08 — Link

Let's say you wanted to start a breeding project for some rarer or more uncommon genes. Then let's add that you prefer green starred pets. Now we add that while perusing trades you find a pet that has one of the genes you want to breed for but that pet has 0 Genetic power and is neither of the colors you want to breed for. Woud you buy it?

Next question: What is the correct way to set up Breeding Projects? 

Can someone explain properly the way the green stars work in breeding? I already know to level the pets up to Level 50, but how does it work from there? Does a 0 Genetic Power pet earn a star when they reach that level? What do you do with pets that have red stats or does it depend on how many reds and what they are?

Can someone explain where the numbers for red stats change to black stats and where they change to green stats or does that vary with species? 

Thank you for answering a TON of questions for a Newbie. I think these questions might be important for a Breeding Project

Off Track Thoroughbreds are my Passion

• Nightingale

Posted at 2019-12-01 21:10:22 — Link

Pets are born with GP based on their parents level. I'd absolutely by a pet with no GP if it had the genes I wanted, because I can always level it and use it to breed with other pets or it can become the progenitor of my line. 

Red are stats that are negatively affected by poor genes that act as a "detractor", genes/modifyers that have a positive effect show as green on the stats, and black for neutral ones.

Scroll to the "Genetics and Breeding Questions" here for lots of good details (https://beastkeeper.com/faq), the jist is: 

Genetic Power is a bonus which child will get if the parents were properly trained before conceiving a baby.

Genetic Power gives +10 bonus to each characteristic for each Grade (in total +60 characteristics bonus for each Grade). The other profit from Genetic Power are access to temples which give you items for free if you qualify for their Genetic Power requirements, and the ability to fulfill the most high-paid quests.

The rules of acquiring Genetic Power:

1. If both of the parents have level 50, their child will get +1 Genetic Power.
    If one of the parents is level 50 and the other is not, the child will get +1 Genetic Power if it has 7 or more dominant genes from the level 50 parent.
  2. If both of the parents has similar grade of Genetic Power, the child will get this grade and +1 grade if one or both parents have maximum level (according to the first rule).
  3. If parents have a difference of 1 grade of Genetic Power, the child will get the higher grade if it has inherited 7 or more dominant genes from the parent with higher grade. Genetic Power through level can be only acquired but not inherited in this case, thus the levels of parents do not play any role here and do not affect the Genetic Power grade of the child until they are both Lvl 50.
  4. If parents has a difference of 2 or more grades of Genetic Power, the child won't get Genetic Power grade for parents' genes, it can get only 1 Grade for parents' levels.

Some examples to illustrate these rules:

1. Lvl 50 pet GP grade 2 x Lvl 50 pet = Child GP Grade 1
  2. Lvl 50 pet GP grade 1 x Lvl 50 pet = Child GP Grade 2 (if there are 7 or more dominant genes from parent with Grade 1) or Grade 1 (if there are less than 7 dominant genes from parent with Grade 1)
  3. Lvl 50 pet GP Grade 2 x Lvl 50 pet GP Grade 1 = Child GP Grade 3 (if there are 7 or more dominant genes from parent with Grade 2) or Grade 2 (if there are less than 7 dominant genes from parent with Grade 2)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• CalicoOaks
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-01 22:58:11 — Link

Thank you for responding. I saw a REALLY good explaination of how the stars work on another fairly new users profile but cannot find it again. The issue with the black, red and green stats is where does the red stat top out, where does the black stat top out and where does the green stat top out. I am trying to figure out how low a red stat, black stat or green stat are on their respective scale. Also is there a way to narrow the search when looking up users or pets so you don't get all the variants. For example if I know a user whose name starts with "s" and I only want to peruse users whose names start with "s" How do I avoid getting every user who has an "s" in their username?

Off Track Thoroughbreds are my Passion

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla