Boards < General < General Chat < Beastkeeper 101

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• SamSilverDragon
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-04 05:00:08 — Link

Tips for new players, plus suggestions on how to make the game better for everyone.

KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES FAN!

• SamSilverDragon
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-04 06:39:02 — Link

I suppose since I created this thread, I should comment on it. Okay. I am sure that many of you have noticed that pets in the pound are often degeneration. If you have a degeneration pet that you want to get rid of, gift it to someone with a reserve. The pet will no longer take up space in anyone's stable, or clutter up the pound. And if you are wondering 'who on earth has a reserve?', I have one! So send your degeneration pets my way. I don't think that there is a limit on how many pets can be in a reserve...

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-05 00:30:15 — Link

Explore in Desert and later Jungle. They have more food than the Grassland and Savannah. The Desert also has the Fertility Shrine, which is a fun building for a new player; each time you visit it with a female pet, you can get a free random breeding. You can't choose anything about the sire--genes, GP, or level are all random--but you don't pay anything, it doesn't cost you a breeding point from the mother, and the baby won't have degen. Also, you get 10 vermillion! If you visit with a male pet, you can get 5 vermillion for contributing to the shrine (and a chance to have random babies later), but only once per pet. 

The unique buildings in the Jungle are the Dead Tree Alter (pay to restore a breeding point--I use this a lot for female Lykos, since they have tiny breeding points pools) and the Forest Alchemist (randomizes a color gene--don't try this if you're going for deviants, and especially don't try it with a deviant, but otherwise it can be fun!)

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-05 01:29:10 — Link

Don't randomly adopt from the pound. Go into the breeding trades section and search for pets with genes you would like. Look through their children and find one that has been pounded then adopt it. Sometimes you'll get a flop but it has a way higher chance of you getting a good pet than if you had just randomly chosen from the pound. For pets with a lot of children-- ctrl+F then search the word "pound" should be really helpful.

An easy way to build up money for newer players is to buy then pound. If a pet is on the auction for lower than 500 coins, buy the pet and then pound them for profit. 

Make sure to know the value of items before using the items exchange! Most of the trades on the item exchange are really bad trades. If you're not sure how valuable an item is: ask around. There are many players willing to help you. It's sad whenever I hear that a new player traded 20 hops for 20 wood or an energy drink for 50 stones. 

• SamSilverDragon
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-07 19:20:34 — Link

Explore on savannah if you're looking for wood.

Sorry if I spelled that wrong. Autocorrect is confusing me! 

• SamSilverDragon
  • User

Posted at 2018-09-22 19:40:47 — Link

Do lots of quests. They give you money AND help level up your pets!

• Brandi
  • User

Posted at 2019-02-11 16:52:22 — Link

These are super helpful and should be up higher in the forum.

New players - even though I am new, don't buy from the State Store before checking if something is available from users - much, much, cheaper!

Also - pretty pets don't necessarily mean useful pets - a big mistake I made at first.

Always buying/selling/trading, check out my threads:

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/12180/1#97422 - onsite b/s/t

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/12172/1#97384 - seeking cross site trades!

If I do something taboo, sorry, I'm new here! Please feel free to message me if you have anything you'd like to share with me, all tips/hints appreciated <3

• Brigid
  • User

Posted at 2019-09-10 15:52:30 — Link

Hello! I was wondering ifnanyone could help me out please?

Bill of Materials
Item Needed Qty You Have
Stone 100 108
Wood 50 79
Soapshroom 50 12
Hops 50 4
Cotton 200 19
Clay 50 187
Coins 10000 1681

• Lizzie17
  • User

Posted at 2021-09-28 03:00:53 — Link

If you breed a degen pet to a regular unrelated pet ,degen will not carry down . That's how I got a three star filly

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla