Posted at 2017-11-25 06:06:49 — Link

@Nightingale, my favorite Unicorn just reached Lvl. 50. I'm trying a breeding to a stud I really like right now, but after the baby is born, I'd like to see what you have to offer. :)

@Everyone In General: So, in pursuit of my species improvement project, I've laid down a few plans and project for the road ahead.

1) Gene Therapy: If I find a pet with a lot of Normal genes, or a pet with a lot of potential but several undesirable genes, I've decided to try and pursue experiments with Mutagen-based gene therapy. Not only does this add to a pet's research potential for the Battlefield, I've already successfully replaced a number of poor genes on an inbred quest/battle pet I'm keeping around for sentimental reasons. Obviously this is very hit-and-miss, and Mutagens are expensive and rare, so it's not a large-scale operation yet.

2) Neuter and Spay Program: Sometimes a pet has a lot of potential, but isn't quite ideal for breeding. The solution? Neutering and spaying. These pets will be used for crafting, questing, exploring and battles, and possibly for newbie giveaways if someone wants to get into a particular breed. Some of these pets also have sentimental value, so even if they have really bad genes, I keep them around as sort of mascots or companions to my other pets. (I'm a sucker for rescuing parent-child pairs out of the pounds and having them live together on my manor grounds.)

3) Weeding: Part of the species improvement program involves separating the chaff from the wheat. Sometimes, a pet turns out to have really bad genes or a high inbreeding rank, and that pet doesn't always have sentimental value. The pet is given a Neutering Serum and a chance to see if they have potential for anything (even something like crafting), but if I have too many of a certain "worker pet", or if the pet is underperforming in general, off it goes. This means either retiring it to the reserve (especially if it's been around for a while or has sentimental value), or sending it to the State Portal Service if it's still fairly young. These pets won't be given away or sold, as I feel the poor quality is detrimental and goes against what I'm working for.

4) Strict Breeding Protocol: No pets with below-average genes are bred, period. No pets with inbreeding are bred, period. No pets are bred below level 50, period. No pets are bred to something less than two stars below their Descendant of Heroes Rank, unless I really like the partner pet.