Boards < General < Help < Battlefield Questions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RainbowCat
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-08 02:38:06 — Link

Hey all, 

I've been thinking of trying to go on the battlefield and such since I do have a squad (though it's probably really sucky). I know there are a lot of pros out there so maybe ya'll can help me...

So anyways, I kind of understand how it works but the main problem is that my squad gets kicked off the island/ loses battles all the time. I've tried using pets with counterstrike and generally good genes/ good tactics but still to no success. I haven't really tried battling much though, so I'm wondering if I should just keep trying and eventually my squad will start winning, or its that I'm missing something...

The tactics FAQ does help and I've tried looking at the list of genes, but (since I mainly focus on breeding unicorns) Is there a particular set of genes that is good for a squad? 

Thanks for reading and I hope this isn't too confusing :')

~RainbowCat

Always looking for: Energy Drinks, Rainbow Jars, Vermillion and deviant pets!

Newbie Giveaway Thread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAINBOCAT  

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-08 05:21:42 — Link

Depends on what kind of build you're trying for. There's no "perfect" setup that can win against any squad, you have to try to anticipate what the opposing squad will have so you can counteract them. For example, an offensive build that depends on getting lots of attack points would use genes like fire gland/spitting muscle, while a more defensive build would use regeneration/scales, etc.

It's been a while since I was on the battlefield, but I used two unicorns and two dragons with a bunch of different kinds of genes (fire strike, counterstrike, regeneration, gracefulness, magic horn, to name a few) so I could switch to different kinds of builds without changing the squad members. 

Check out NightbaneWolf's guide to defeating Hold the Line in the Guides section to get an idea of how builds work (too hard for me to link on mobile), and the rest is just experimentation and experience. I found it especially helpful to take a screenshot of the page when I lost a battle, so I could look at how the points were calculated so I knew why I lost.

Good luck! 

• RainbowCat
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-09 02:46:56 — Link

Thanks! I'll be sure to check the guide out and yeah, I reckoned experimentation was part of it XD

Thanks again for replying! :D

Always looking for: Energy Drinks, Rainbow Jars, Vermillion and deviant pets!

Newbie Giveaway Thread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAINBOCAT  

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla