Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs < Theory of Chaos bug?

Boards

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 15:42:14 — Link

Sorry I currently don't have a SS (Left-clicked by accident, twice, when I was checking on the rules; should really prevent it from closing unless you click the X.)

Anyways, I just experimentally attacked PantherSeal's Squad 4, with my Tactician squad, and lost due to both of our Theory of Chaos activating, 9 for me and 7 for him (Got me to 31, but w/ his ToC he was at 37); when this happened, I thought, "Oh, that's odd.", so I went to check on it's description:

Your forces are moving chaotically at the battlefield but in fact there's a hidden system in their movements which your opponent fails to understand.

Conditions 1: You rolled 4 or more Movement maneuvers (3 if your pet has Watchmen).
Conditions 2: You rolled 4 or more Movement maneuvers (3 if your pet has Watchmen) and you rolled more Movement maneuvers than your opponent.

Conditions 2 was the reason why I thought it was odd, as it out-right said you had to roll more Movement maneuvers the your opponent, meaning if we both used it, only one of our ToCs should have activated, not both. -- This means, either the Tactics was changed, and the description wasn't updated, or there's some bug/glitch in play.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 16:09:14 — Link

Here is a SS, though in this we both scored the same number of Movements (Had to use 2 Squad Energy Packs cuz in the first one, I clicked Scroll Lock thinking it was PrintScreen, and when I clicked the browser (since Paint was covering it), the rolls closed -- didn't click the X, but clicked outside of the roll box.)

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 22:38:45 — Link

It seems to be working properly.

Both of you met condition 1, so you both scored points for Theory of Chaos activating. The result if condition 2 is met is: No tactics will work for your opponent except Maneuvers and Theory of Chaos, and no tactics will work for you except Theory of Chaos. So Theory of Chaos should always work whether condition 2 is met or not.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-04 04:53:59 — Link

Ah, I forgot to read that part, thanks for clarifying; guess it isn't a bug then.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-04 05:05:47 — Link

Just did another test; this time I tried using both Maneuvers and Theory of Chaos, trying to achieve less Movement rolls, so Condition 2 doesn't activate, allowing both my Maneuvers and Thoery of Chaos to activate, theorically. (SS below)

It seems that Theory of Chaos is just an advanced version of Maneuvers? Meaning only on of the two would activate at any given time, and there is no meaning in the other if you have ToC?

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-04 08:56:58 — Link

Hmm, yeah, I've tried combining the two before. Though it's been ages since I so much as touched the Battlefield, so I don't remember what the outcome was. But yeah, looking at your screenshot, it would appear that you can't stack them, so there'd be no point using Maneuvers if you had Theory of Chaos. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla