Boards < BeastEon Development Forum < Art Previews < Adult beasts

Boards

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-02-28 00:29:10 — Link

That lioness looks like she just stepped off the savannah. Well done, it's fantastic.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• User

Posted at 2017-03-12 06:41:27 — Link

I'm really liking the puma, it looks a lot more realistic than the current puma base. :)

You can't Apollo-gise for Greek mythology puns.

• Jazsam8
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-17 09:07:57 — Link

the pumas are amazeing :D

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-04-07 21:56:11 — Link

One more art update, this time for Unicorns - check out the first post!

We're also changing beast profiles to fit 600px bases. The samples in the first post are updated to match this new size.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-08 00:24:23 — Link

The unicorn is beautifully smooth and gleaming. Very nicely painted. Arete is going to love this!

I can't help but think that it seems a little skinny, though. Maybe it's the curvature of the back, or that the chunky muscled legs give the impression of a heavy-ish horse while the midsection becomes narrow like a TB's.

Especially the underside, where the belly joins the hindquarters with that bit of skin (not sure what this area is called). Uni's body looks very thin, like this - it could be thicker/deeper, like either of these.

But hey, it's not a real horse breed and still looks great, so. :) Can't wait to see the others!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-04-08 04:02:56 — Link

Thank you for the feedback! :) They are supposed to resemble a friesian horse in terms of build. Powerful enough to participate in a battle with a rider but not too barrel shaped to stay agile and keep a bit of that unicorn-y gracefulness. Maybe there's too much gracefulness at the end. But who knows, now when unicorn ladies can choose their partners themselves, maybe they prefer to have foals from nimbler stallions? :)

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-08 19:57:30 — Link

Haha, yes, I can see the point. They definitely look like powerful warhorses (Friesian came straight to mind), but more graceful than an Earthly heavy horse. I suppose it is interesting to see different proportions for once - it's still better than a lot of real horses out there.

Any hints about when the gryphon might be done? I'm most eager about that one. Assuming it has the same artist who updated the roc, it should look magnificent with all those textured feathers.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-04-12 03:52:51 — Link

While I would love to provide an exact date, I can give only a rough estimate. The most optimistic time frame is two weeks, but it can be moved further up to one month if other tasks will require immediate attention in order not to block the coding (i.e. that could be item art, pattern & color generation scripts, GUI or something else frontend related).

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-12 12:53:54 — Link

Love love love the unicorn. The older art is, how do I describe it, more flat, whereas this gves the illusion of depth and movement, and it has a realism that is really attractive.

Good job, guys!

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Lydiadragonheart
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-01 04:54:05 — Link

Those are awesome

Adopt one today!

Adopt one today! LydiaDagonHeartAdopt one today!Adopt one today!

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-16 16:39:42 — Link

Just saw the gryphons on the dev blog. Absolutely AMAZING. :D

Bit surprised by the new chunky stance and proportions, it wasn't very recogniseable as "the BK gryph shape" at first. Doesn't matter though. Still beautiful art, as usual. I'm seriously in awe of that feather-drawing style.

*patiently waits to start filling another manor with them*

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-07-26 02:39:44 — Link

I'm loving all the detail! Can't wait to see symurgh in this style. Seriously amazing so far :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-11-26 17:45:20 — Link

New cockatrices are here! :)

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-29 17:58:13 — Link

AAAAAAHHH oh that cockatrice. <3 Amazing work, good chicken-y details. I might even have to abandon gryphons in favour of them...

Excited to see the other baby bases too. It's a shame areot can't do them all (their painting style is basically gold) but hope you can find a similar artist soon.

• KyuunaJagger
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-06 21:24:55 — Link

ooo when can we hope to see the updated images? 

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla