Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Renaming upon new ownership.

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 00:32:04 — Link

I've noted a few pets whose names are sell, buy please etc, and while it's good to remind us that those are pets we want to be rid of, I find it hard to buy a pet like that, and would be more willing to buy if we got one name change when the pet transfers ownership.

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 06:19:07 — Link

Support.

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 10:46:32 — Link

Definitely support. I was wondering why something like this wasn't part of the system already, as it really only makes sense that a pet be renamed when it is rehomed... O.o

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:58:41 — Link

Total support, I was just coming here to suggest this.. I bought a unicorn named boxer than turned his skin into a sketchcorn.... it's just an odd combo.. he was otherwise perfect except for the name.... which almost didn't make me want him.. I proffer to buy nameless pets for this reason. I know that there is the amnesia potion.. but I really don't want to pay 10gold to rename someone else's pet... I rather just capture my own pet and not buy that one!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 20:38:06 — Link

The only reason I can see this idea never seeing light of day is the fact that people could just trade pets as free amnesia potions and not for selling purposes. The only way I can see this happening is if they also made it so a pet could only be sold/traded once every X days. Like, week, month, whatever. That way this couldn't easily be abused without being a major pain to the people trying to cheat the system.

Wanna trade your pet away to re-name it for free? Well it'll take you 2 weeks to get it back. I think that'd make it balanced and discourage dis-honest selling also.

But anyways, I approve of free re-nameing of bought pets. Honestly I think the whole only-being-able-to-name-a-pet-once thing is really silly. No other pet game I play has this; in fact nearly all of them have it so you can re-name the pet at ANY time from their profile, unlimited times. Why this site feels the need to charge for this basic ability is just one of the reasons this site is just a TINY bit worse than a few others I play.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-03 00:55:29 — Link

I don't think that it would become that big of a problem... if any... Just put it in the rules and if you're found to break it then pay the fee that it would cost to re-name it.

I think it's odd that pets cannot be readily renamed when their name isn't intrinsic to their URL... I don't know if there are other site mechanisms that make this hard... I do think it is an annoying feature- but it is present on some pet sites that I have been on. I think new owners should be able to change it though...

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 05:41:05 — Link

Perhaps the rule can only be thorugh the pet auctions then? That way privately traded pets still have the same stipulations and all, and you can't change the name since it's not a 'free' market.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 08:03:11 — Link

Total support! I can just imagine all those pets that were named "For Sale" on a whim. x-x

But yes, the whole, pet can't be retraded for so and so time, is nice.

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 10:47:00 — Link

Sorry, no support.

It will be difficult to track down who has gifted their pets or who has sold/traded it and renamed. I know it's sad that there are people who aren't careful and I'm sure the site has logs, but adding this feature is going to be a big pain for the staff to moderate.

Even if the gift feature is coded to go against this, people can just "sell" off their pets to peers and they'd be able to rename the pets. They can even use this as a way to transfer money from transactions and a free "rename my pet before returning" thing. It's just a big red flag.

Having to be forced into keeping a pet you bought or was given to you for two weeks is a pain. Especially when you haven't upgraded since you are new. I haven't been here for more than a week and I've already given away pets that I've bought and adopted from the shelter because I have no need of them anymore. And plus the fact that I've caught pets that I don't need but can't dispose of since they are "being tamed," it's not currently a good feature until they give us an opportunity to release the pets back into the wild.

Regardless of having a rule against it and making it a bannable offense, people will still do this just as long as there isn't a rat between the two parties.

It's unfortunate pets are named sell/buy pls or those kinds of names, and even more if the pet has really good stats. I've been on a LOT of petsites that have this feature but it's not as prevalent on breeding sims like this, though. But there exists a sim that has this feature employed. I'd drop the name, but I don't wanna get in trouble for saying another site as it might be "promoting" it or something. Some sites also have a unique name to pet system when you name a pet, another pet can't have the same name. I've seen that employed on catching/collecting sites, and they don't have much of a problem either features.

Having a time limit may stop certain individuals and may be a good idea if they give us a feature to prevent the flooding of unwanted caught pets. I, at the moment, don't support this feature as I just don't have a great feeling about this and for me, an easier alternative is to have an alert box when naming the pet saying "This cannot be changed once named, even if traded or sold. Are you sure?" Or something like that to confirm that the person will want to do this and give them a moment reflect on what they're doing. It's simple and it tells people not to name their pets "For Sale" or something ridiculous.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 11:01:55 — Link

i would almost suggest having 1 maybe 2 people (volunteer) on staff with a tool that will remove the name *revert them to nameless ONLY pets that where accidently named things that go against the rules (like bad words), names that are just flat offencive, names like For Sale/For trade/pound/release /etc(involveing the market aspect) i'm guessing the admin and maybe mods have this ability but instead of them having to do it with their workload have a dedicated person only take care of it

a person that finds a pet named like that can then send in a remove name ticket once they own it. (unless its a ToS violation)

another Deturant to the "swaping" of a pet just to rename it is that a pet can only be renamed in a certain amount of times for free period, not to delay the actuall saleing.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 14:29:54 — Link

It seems way too contrived. Have mods and admins check on all the trades to see if someone's just doing it to change name? it's a huge time commitment.

And what if you trade a pet and then want it back for some legitimate reason? No support.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:49:57 — Link

*whispers in a small voice* Just get rid of the name thing/amnesia potion all together then? It's causing issues on both sides. o.0 *runs away*

• GloriousGoat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:08:38 — Link

Maybe just make the renaming potion cheaper? Instead of 10 Gold, maybe something more like 1000-5000 silver?

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-04 08:56:06 — Link

No support, unless Angel is willing to code a module where it looks through past if owner did not own this pet before. It would be too easy to rename. You send it to a friend, and they send it back to you so you can name it again.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• ForestPixie
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 10:15:20 — Link

Total support!

Hi!

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla