Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #12: Desert biotope

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-16 00:42:09 — Link

Desert Biotope

The best engineers of Europa with the support of Conclave of Warlocks introduce a revolutionary portal upgrade that allows you to travel to significantly larger distances. Don't be surprised if you find yourself among the desert sands when coming out of portal gate! Now it’s possible to reach the chain of isles to the south that have arid climate. Who knows what new discoveries and forgotten technologies are waiting there? Though be careful as there can be new dangers too.

Engineers keep working further on this upgrade and promise new enhancements very soon!

Conclave of Warlocks is looking for Glittering Sand!

Glittering Sand is a valuable substance for potions and magical devices. You can collect it on Desert islands. Once per 20 years a comet approaches Europa and scatters the stardust that drops at the equatorial zone of the moon. It visited Europa a few days ago, so it's time to collect Glittering Sand for this cycle. Look carefully under your feet, you may be walking upon a treasure that isn't so easy to notice!

We don't buy just any sand from the desert, only Glittering Sand has the right properties! Here's a sample:

Visit our exchange station to trade Glittering Sand for special rewards.
Offer is valid until April 22th, 23:59!

Food System Minor Update

Taking care of a flow of new edible items from the recently discovered desert islands, architects have optimized the structure of barns. Now when you find some food on island, it will be stacked by type to save some space. You're already familiar with these food types: Animal Proteins, Animal Carbs, Animal Fats, Plant Proteins, Plant Carbs and Plant Fats. Old food units are automatically converted to new food items.

Heartbleed Awareness

BeastKeeper.com is unaffected by Heartbleed security vulnerability. We’re safe, you don’t need to change your password! Our payment platform Xsolla is protected against Heartbleed, so all your transaction data are safe too.

Support us by voting!

It's important to keep game community healthy and growing. Help us promoting BeastKeeper in the web game directories by voting. You can vote once per day on each site. You will get 500 for every vote!

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 02:04:33 — Link

Great thing. I love how new changes always got implemented within an event. Great artwork too :)

I know I am a little early because the maintance was just over but you should look after the random exploring, it doesn't seem to work. (Unless this is only for me). It does not show any Island and after refreshing the page it will be back to the 'enter portal' screen.

If I manually select of the islands it works fine (:

About the Heartbleed, I am happy you announced it. I was a little worried because some other sites already said if there are affected or not. Thanks! (:

- Valar morghulis -

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-16 02:15:59 — Link

Seelenblut, thank you for your feedback and for reporting the bug with random selection. It is fixed now :)

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-04-16 02:24:04 — Link

Just wondering if it's possible to set your astrologist for glittering sand? It doesn't seem to be working for me, or maybe it's just not supposed to?

Hey everyone!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-16 02:32:12 — Link

Imitatia, you're right, Astrologist doesn't work here. He would give too drastic difference in probabilities for items like this one.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:01:56 — Link

Cool update! 

I was just wondering about the fertility shrine building I encountered in the desert. Does it pick another pet randomly? What if you don't want your pets randomly breeding with other people's random pets? O.o

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:12:02 — Link

It seem that if your inventory is full, you can't add new foods from the desert to their food group -at least the ones you haven't found before. You have to get rid of something, then they merge in the group normally without taking any extra space...

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:16:25 — Link

Im having the same problem as Karakurt, the food items won't go in my full inventory unless I clean things out even though the items should stack.

Hey everyone!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:35:25 — Link

RainbowCharizard, yes, another pet is picked randomly from those who are registered in Fertility Program. They do not force anyone to provide their genetic material. If you don't want your pets breeding with other players' pets, then don't participate in the program with your males. 

Karakurt, thank you for reporting. This issue must be fixed now.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:41:17 — Link

Watch out for the pyramids! I just had a pet get cursed with lowered XP gain for an hour. Fortunately for me it was a level 50 pet so it didn't matter. :)

Breeder of trash deviants

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:42:54 — Link

@Lytala, I got that one too X( But it was a Lvl 50 pet. Lucky me!

Your pets can also be blessed, though. I also received +6 on every characteristic for an hour for a different pet :)

Hey everyone!

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 03:52:44 — Link

@Imitatia, a different pet just got -5 on every characteristic.

I bet there's also a chance to get increased XP gain.

I really like the art change of the fountain to an oasis. It's too bad other buildings didn't become more deserty as well.

Breeder of trash deviants

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 04:58:19 — Link

Ahahaha, Karkarut's pet is the father of one o my pets XD

good news guys, i am doing the fertility shrine here, am using my strongest best pets, so you'd get a good dad,lol, am using my war unicorns XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Icicle
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 05:03:07 — Link

I love this update! :D 

The prizes that you get through gathering glittering sand are pretty sweet. ;)

Hhhhhiiiiii......

I use an Ipad most of the time. It likes to correct my right words, wrong. -.- Sorry if a word is spelled wrong or just doesn't make sense.

• WitchWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-16 05:03:57 — Link

Wow! Great update, as usual.

One small question though - This new stackable food thing, how will that affect our old golems? Will the golems be changed from "wheat, rabbit meat" and so on to the new food types or... what?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla