Boards < General < General Chat < Tactics Logic Contest

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-26 16:14:25 — Link

This is a small tactics-related contest with premium items as a reward. You will need to use your tactic skills and logic and offer a solution how to deal with different maneuver combinations of your opponent.

You see an opponent with this combination:

What tactics are you going to use to defeat him?

We apologize for a mistake in the opponent's combination; Dragons can't have Counterstrike and Terror at the same time. The Dragon on the third position was changed to a Symurgh with Counterstrike and Confusion. Confusion and Terror are identical maneuvers so this doesn't affect the counter-tactics in any way.

Rules

1. You can't use Hold The Line tactics.
  2. You must win in more than 50% of battles. The variants "maybe I'll make a lucky roll this time" and "I will try until I get a good combo and the opponent will get bad" do not count.
  3. You must use only realistic maneuver combinations. For example, you can't place 3 Fire Strikes on the same pet or use Regeneration on a Puma.
  4. You must use the same or less number of specific maneuvers with your opponent. Specific maneuvers are all maneuvers that are not available for the basic pet, thus they include all maneuvers except Attack, Defence and Movement. In this case you can use up to 7 specific maneuvers.
  5. You're not limited with the stats and GP of pets.
  6. The reward is granted for the unique tactic solution and not for the certain pet and maneuver combination. If you're taking the solution of another player and just swap his Electric Attack to Fire Attack, this won't count.

Reward

5 x Mutagen
1 x Squad Energy Pack
1 x random premium fruit for every unused specific maneuver slot and every used negative maneuver

Please post your tactic solutions in this thread. The tactic solution must have 4 pets with 4 maneuvers each. Any task may have several solutions. We wish you good luck and hope you enjoy this contest!

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 16:58:51 — Link

The pets I'd use...

First pet: lightning strike, GP3 though  (plus leadership skill, defense and wait)

second pet: petrifying gaze GP1 cockatrice (plus regular attack , defense and wait)

third pet: musical larynx puma., no GP (defense, attack and wait)

fourth pet: magic horn, fragrance, of GP2. (Regular attack and wait)

also will use the leadership tactic in it too, just to add up the attack points, but i will just let the GP3 use that tactic.

And I'd let them use their special tactic abilities as listed In the FAQ, as well as the basic attack and defense tactic.

hope I wrote this right...

but that squad has a hold the line tactic pet so I don't wanna use a dragon with fearsome look, it may increase the final blow and then I'd lose...but I'd hope the counterstrike, blinding attack and petrifying gaze will come in affect more, just to prevent them from using defense as their hold the line will cause it to add up...I can't have that, but still, I need to do some form of attack damage myself so...I quite like that team I had picked out.

...and I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I wrote it out correctly,lol

...but I wish I knew their defense roll...I only know what tactics they got DX

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• zaverxi
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:16:25 — Link

Do they have to be pets you own? Because I have an idea, I just don't.... have them.

GP3 Cockatrice with petrifying gaze, movement, theory of chaos, and 'wait'

Agility >100 Unicorn with magic horn, two movements, and 'wait'

Agility >100 Gryphon with musical beak, two movements, and 'wait'

GP 2 Puma with musical larynx, maneuver, movement, and 'wait'

First roll: Petrifying attack, blinding attack, movement, movement (2 pts)

Second roll:Movement, movement, battle cry, battle cry (2+2=4 pts)

Third roll: Movement, movement, movement, movement (0+4=4 pts, double next roll)

Fourth roll: Theory of chaos, movement, movement, maneuver(10+10=20x2=40+4=44 pts and no other tactics can be used, negating Hold the Line 4th round)

Or do we have to actually roll this to get it to work?

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:20:28 — Link

Lol I dunno the format of this, I just listed out pets and the genes that would appear for the attack and defense maneuvers, butI think I still left the default stuff like regular attack, float and defense in for some.

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:22:49 — Link

zaverxi, you can construct any pets, they don't have to be your own. This is the a logic task, not a contest for the best breeder :-) So you understood everything correct and your combnation follows all the contest rules.

You don't have to make the rolls yourself, they will be made in the test environment. You can't achieve the desired roll every time but rerolls will be made to get as close to it as possible.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:26:14 — Link

@Angel

what is the deadline for this contest?

and do you mean you guys are actually testing this out as we write?

i also fixed my comment a bit too,lol

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:43:57 — Link

stang824, we're just waiting for several available solutions to be posted. I think one day will be enough for the current task.

Your maneuver combination can't be accepted, you used too many specific maneuvers, and the fourth pet has 5 maneuver slots. Please check the contest rules.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:47:27 — Link

@Angel

...still kinda confused, but I think I fixed it???

and oops, didn't noticed I added a fifth, whoops.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:50:30 — Link

stang824, yes, it's okay now, thank you.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 17:52:59 — Link

@Angel

lol, I don't have all the pets so I wasn't completely sure how the tactic slots would appear for those certain attacks, I'm just hoping it's in right.

...is it possible to add counterstrike for the puma?

• birdlove
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 19:18:26 — Link

What a beautiful idea, thanks guys, I will be happy to meet with better prepared opponents on the battlefield :)

I won't participate, the reward is not so high to refuse myself the pleasure of watching how other players will deal with these tasks. And I prefer to deal with tactics on the battlefield ;)

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 21:17:15 — Link

My team-

Roc, >100 courage - lightning strike, attack, attack, wait (assuming 2nd attack doesn't count towards 7 specific maneuver limit)

GP3 pet (any species, let's say unicorn) - leadership, leadership, attack, wait

Dragon - unbridled attack, fire attack, attack, wait

Dragon - unbridled attack, fire attack, attack, wait

Strategy-

My strategy is simple.  My opponent doesn't have any powerful attacks that are worth trying to defend against, so I'm going for an all out attack that will overwhelm them with shear number of points.

A possible problem is that I'm not 100% certain on the rules regarding defense, but I think my strategy will hold up in any case.

Edit-

This strategy will not work after all.  I was mistaken about how Hold the Line works.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-26 22:10:59 — Link

stang824, please stick to the topic of this thread. It's not for discussing your breeding plans. Only contest-related discussions and maneuver combinations are allowed here; you may use the tactics chat thread for this purpose. And please avoid discussing the solutions of other players. I removed you offtopic posts.

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-26 22:34:27 — Link

I don't have much experience on the battlefield, thus I want to give it a try even more ^^

I assume the opponent will be going for as many Counterstrike maneuvers as possible.. so I'll try a slightly unconventional approach ;)

1st pet GP3: Theory of Chaos + Leadership + Leadership + Wait
2nd pet CON>100: Regeneration + Regeneration + Movement + Wait
3rd and 4th pet: Regeneration + Defence + Movement + Wait
total: 7 specific maneuvers

Strategy - get as many Leadership and Regen/Defence Maneuvers as possible:
for the 1st pet always reroll everything but Leadership;
at the 4th round reroll Leadership too if there are at least 4 Movement maneuvers;
for 3 other pets always reroll Wait and Movement.

Ah, it's so awful but I thought it would be rather amusing to win without attacks xD

Good luck everyone!

I killed the thread.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-27 03:43:10 — Link

Two pets with Movement, Movement, Manuevers, and Some negative manuever

One pet with Theory of Chaos, Movement, Compensation, Some negative manuever

One pet with Theory of Chaos, Movement, Movement, Some negative manuever

Order of things to prioritize:
#1) Get 1 Theory of Chaos and 1 Maneuvers sometime in the entire battle, just one of each.
#2) Keep only 1 Compensation for the entire battle, but only if Theory of Chaos hasn't been rolled yet.
#3) Rest are movement. Reroll the waits, extra tactics, and negatives.

Edit:

Just noticed some stuff while rolling in the tactics map, and I want to make some changes.

So I got one Theory of Chaos and multiple Maneuvers to hit in a battle, and none of the Maneuvers gained points. I didn't know that multiple tactics makes all of them hit 0 (And fyi that bit of info isn't included in the Tactics FAQ), so I'd like to change my skills to:
3 Movement, Movement, Counterstrike, Negative
1 Compensation, Theory of Chaos, Manuevers, Negative.

This could also just be a bug where Theory of Chaos makes Maneuvers not work even though its supposed to, I just haven't done enough testing with Tactics yet to know. If its actually a bug, then I'll keep my original setup.

_____

New setup posted on page 2

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla