Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Reduce Blueprint and Scheme Drop Rate

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 19:14:21 — Link

I've noticed there is a severe overabundance of these items up for trade, to the point they have reached near-worthlessness and are making it annoying to search through them all when browsing.

I think that is partly due to the new exploring system, that we aren't forced to leave the island after one loss. This means people are defeating the guardians more.

Have the blueprint spawn cut by at least half, but add in some more variety.
How about having a second resource drop that gives 3-5 of something? (This is in addition to the one that already exists, to increase the chance of finding them.)
Another replacement could be chests containing extra gold. Instead of finding any items at all, the chest would have it's gold plus the same amount found in a randomly spawned pile of gold for that level.

As more new items are added to the mix as the site grows that will also help, but that is more distant and I feel something needs to be done sooner rather than later in the meantime.

An alternative would be to increase the cost of the items and buildings to encourage people to use multiple ones to bring the cost back down. I would say though to work it out so the cost ends up being the same as it is now after using the maximum number of blueprints, just higher to began with.

In the rare event I beat a boss I am virtually guaranteed to get 2 blueprints. I would also decrease the chance of getting blueprints from a boss, replace it with a larger amount of materials (5-10) and a chance of getting extra gold (equivilant to the amount of opening a chest.)

Or maybe both chage the building cost and spawn, but I don't want to gimp new or poorer players. I just am tired of the excess of blueprints "selling" for 10 gold. And then failing to sell because everyone has 3 of the things already.

TLDR; Blueprints are too common and have become worthless. Nerf their spawn and/or encourage people to use multiple blueprints.

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 20:59:33 — Link

I've been using multiple blueprints. XD The thing was I kept getting blueprint for buldings I've already built, so they weren't helpful.

I Do support this though because about 8 slots of my invetory at current is blueprints.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 01:31:49 — Link

Support. I've started adding them to my collection regardless of whether I already have them or not.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 03:05:17 — Link

This could be easily fixed by allowing us to burn blueprints for a useless flaming aura on our profile that lasts ~an hour per blueprint. :P

Seriously though, I have 10-20 of Every. Single. Blueprint. It's kind of ridiculous. Just increasing costs of buildings only delays the problem - Blueprints are still worthless after all buildings are built. The rarity of blueprints really needs to be cut significantly.

And then an event that lets us burn all the preexisting ones. BURRRN.....

Edit: I originally thought of this as a joke... But a monthly bonfire event actually would be really fun. Everyone has a bonfire, throwing in a specific designated thing for the month (blueprints or whatever else is flooding the server) increases the burn time on your bonfire. You get a little icon on the forums while the bonfire is burning. People with the bonfire still burning at the end of the month, or the top X people who kept fires burning the longest get a nice little prize.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 05:16:53 — Link

Instead of burning I feel like it'd be nice if we could craft old blueprints and schematics and invites into something useful...

Like, paper scraps.

Paper scraps could then be used to craft any blueprint, schematic, or invite that you wanted (along with ink, obviously, because you can't write on paper without ink!)

To make it balanced it'd take, something like, 3(?) paper scraps to make 1 blueprint/schematic/invite and also 25 ink or something. This would be useful because then people could take worthless blueprints and whatnot and make them into ones they need; like invites that actually have good use!

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 05:44:16 — Link

Makes sense too, that we can write our own invitations to famous people vs. finding letters in treasure chests that have been locked up and guarded by monsters for awhile...    When were these letters written again? Before the ice melted and segregated the islands... ? <_<;

I don't know how I feel about making blueprints/schematics with scraps since those things require some knowledge to design - choosing blueprints to make would also ruin the purpose of scriptoriums.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 19:47:50 — Link

@aelisk - well it could just be we can copy a blueprint we already have learned. How hard is it to COPY a piece of paper? And the fact that it'd take multiple scraps to make 1 would mean that for every 3 your destroyed, only 1 got made.

• Cinnamin_Draconna
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 00:54:03 — Link

Blueprints, Schemes and Invites are WAY TOO COMMON! I have 25 various types cluttering up my warehouse.. I've already had to improve my Warehouse to lvl 3 just to hold all the darn things.

If they are supposed to be rare, then reduce their drop rates, because right now, they are ultra common.

I rarely even see things like Mutagens or Energy Drinks, and I have never even seen a Rainbow Jar that I remember.

My suggestion is allowing us to SELL them in the Scriptoriums, because I already have every Blueprint and Scheme I need except for a Cotton Golem. So when I find a scriptorium on an island when exploring, it's totally useless.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla