Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Reserve Tweaks

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 05:15:10 — Link

Right now, this is what it costs to make the Reserve, currently the only way of releasing your pets into the wild again.

To me, it looks like the Reserve is way, way too expensive to build for most players. And it shouldn't be - it shouldn't even cost anything at all, and shouldn't be something we have to build. I don't think the right to release pets is something that should be earnt or brought, it should just be an option that players have.

If you want to keep it 'In Game' and make sense, just say the Reserve is State-Run and you have to pay a small fee to drop your pet off. 

* Winter is coming *

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 05:26:50 — Link

notes that once you paid all that money you can no longer see pets in the reserve.

-this is something i put in to see if i could track it http://beastkeeper.com/pet/16821

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 05:28:57 — Link

Maybe an additional fee to the drop-off that would allow you to 'visit' the pet and view it? 

* Winter is coming *

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 06:05:02 — Link

Those are only difficult requirements if you never explore with your pets. Just my opinion. But the food is easy to come by, and there's no great risk in using it now, and stone, wood and clay are also super common. 10k and the 60 consitution is pretty standard for buildings.

If it's too expensive, is it not free to drop a pet at the pound? There's your public reserve.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 06:40:45 — Link

Right now I'm learning more about this and just scratching my head.

In truth, it isn't that expensive... for what I intended the reserve to be when I suggested it.

A place where you could keep pets forever, like we do in our stables without having to feed them. In exchange we would loose the ability to do anything with them. Except you could see them, like... visit them. Because you put them in the reserve when you are done with them but too fond of them, or keeping them for some other reason, to give them up once they are unnecessary.

Was it unclear what I suggested it be?

But if this is what the reserve has become, yes, it is to expensive. We are paying quite a bit to permanently loose access to our pets. If it's essentially going to be like what I suggested for releasing pets into the wild, never to be seen again, and we no longer have access to those pets at all it should be far cheaper, even free.

So yes, it either needs changed to what people actually supported or the price nerfed.

Edit:
Or it could do both, release and retire, that would be okay too, but as it stands right now it needs some changes made.

So basically I support the cost if it actually does what people I and supporters of my suggestion intended it to do. It's fine.

If it's just to remove pets from the game forever, never to be seen again, it's way overpriced.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 08:09:51 — Link

Restless hit it DEAD ON. If you dislike the cost of the reserve, USE THE POUND!

---

I do agree however that I feel like the pets shouldn't be DELETED -- I'd like to view a list of pets I "retired" still and look at their stats and genes and what babies they had still... If they just get deleted, then I agree that it should be free.

• seph
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 12:23:15 — Link

Oh yeah I made a question under help about it, but getting impatient I also deleted a pet already. -.-'

Reading through the suggestion from which the reserve sprung I thought we would still see them.

Pet Sales

Item Sales

Need a pet for building?

Then visit the Builders Help to get an assistant.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 13:23:58 — Link

I was imagining the Reserve to be more like sacrificing from Felisfire and portalling from Pocket Puma Pets- a free or cheap place to send pets you don't want in order to keep a stable site economy. Without a feature that permanently gets rid of pets (although I support being able to veiw them), pets will just multiply and multiply. They may not clog the servers, but they will clog the trades and pound.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 13:59:14 — Link

I agree with Mouse, thats more what I thought it would be as well.

* Winter is coming *

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 14:26:35 — Link

This reserve was not what was suggested and it is quite expensive for a facility to delete pets.

I explore my pets, but I still pay fees to feed them. Maybe I don't explore enough and breed/catch too much, but I don't have problems paying fees to feed them. Just saying, even if someone explores their pets, doesn't necessarily mean they can feed all their pets because of pets that are being tamed and aged. To have to pay that much for a facility just to delete the pets unwanted is a bit too pricey.

I'd definitely use it and see why it's that expensive when you base it on reality, but if you think about it. Like really think about it. You won't be able to delete unwanted pets until they're tamed. That's not the drawback, really. The drawback is if there's a price each time you send a pet to the reserve. I mean wow. Let's just keep on purging our resources. If there is no recurring fee, then I guess I'm a okay with it. I just want somewhere we can delete/release pets that aren't necessary. Like I keep on saying on these types of threads, it'll not only be beneficial to me, it'll also help relieve the server from having too much data. Lodging them for 3 days is ok for me, I just wished they didn't waste my resources. But if they won't sell due to their stats, I'd rather delete them off the game. That way they won't be data hanging around. I don't think that's healthy for the site over-all, having data just lying around.

The pound is not a public reserve. It's there so other people can adopt pets that are unwanted or are not part of the standards of the previous owner and either can't sell them or has a "good" heart (in terms of giving someone else free pets, but if the pet has 4 red stats on the wrong places, I don't see the good in that). Sending a pet to be housed there forever is not the goal and the point of the pound; suggesting to use it in a way that's not its purpose defeats the purpose of having one, in my opinion.

You don't want your precious level 50 with no breeding slots left to end up there and being adopted by someone else. You worked hard for that level 50, only to send it away for someone to use it as an explore buddy. What would you do if you need to free up space when you've maxed out your stables and can't let go of other pets because of the game limitations (taming, aging, important pets, ect.)? You'd have a liability on your hands and imagine if your other pets start to get to level 50 and have no more breeding slots left.

You'd be forced to delete them.

I have no problems deleting my level 50 pets, but a lot of people are sentimental and they have the right to be. Getting to level 50 without buffs and energy boosts take a lot of patience and time. It's not an easy thing. People will want to remember their pets and even if they can simply screencap it, it's still different having a hall of fame on the site.

I am glad we have a feature to delete pets because we have a lot of places where we can have data lying around (forever pound and no use level 50's). But if the reserve is there for deleting of pets, I agree with RedRarebit, Ankokou and others. If it's a place to simply remove pets, then it's expensive just for that purpose.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 17:31:36 — Link

personaly i though it was going to be like wajas/furry-paws retirement :| where i could retire creatures i no longer wanted to USE, not that id didnt want completly.

Edit: - the name is even misleading for its purpose.

though at the same time i really would not mind if the reserve had a dual feature (like i suggesting in the old reserve suggestion thread) where we could select certain pets that release to stay in a "fenced in area" to were we could still look at them. heck i personaly would be willing to pay like 50 coin a week to cover the basic needs of those pets (a small small fee cause we can no longer do anything but look at them *and maybe modify their profiles. ) 

if you have a stable lvl 1 you can favorite 10 or so pets that will stay with you in the feild. 30 @lvl2, 70 @lvl 3 i think 70 would be all thats needed for favorites but there could alwasy be a coin sink in this buy using silver coin to upgrade it, when wanted. .

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 18:08:11 — Link

I'd be in favor of all of the above and dropping the food requirement - My pets go through my stock of food daily, even if I do explore. So assuming that gathering all that food could be done in one day, from reset of day 1 to day 2 - 

You need 200 of each food. That's 1200 pieces of food. Not accounting for the variability of which food appears on the island, you can generally pick up between 1 and 20 pieces of food per island. At that rate, you'd have to visit somewhere between 60 and 1200 islands in the span of a day to keep your pets from eating all of the progress you've made. If we take the middle of that rather than the extreme, that's an average of 630 islands explored. If each pet can explore 5 islands in one day for the average user (not including people who are around all day to explore as soon as the energy hops up enough), that would be 126 pets. 

All right, I'm done throwing math at this to justify me not reasonably being able to acquire the food requirement on this thing - at my current pet rate, I use ~700 lbs of food a day. So anything used up there would make this impossible.

Alternatively, just stick the food in the shop. Since we already pay a price to feed the pets if we don't have the food on hand, it wouldn't upset game balance.

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 01:34:28 — Link

Meh come on, if you're not stockpiling food and have to pay to feed your pets, you're obviously not exploring with enough of them. Yeah true, a couple pets can't find enough food to feed a few dozen; you'll have to either explore with more of them or dump some of the 'free loaders'. If you're having trouble, change your pets' diet so they eat more of whatever food you have the most of. I still maintain the average player can pay this cost. I have over 1000 of each food, and that's after building the reserve and feeding 25+ pets. :/ My sister has 48 pets and she has extra to pay the reserve cost. Others in this very thread like koben and seph, who has more than 50 pets, have already built and used the reserve. The cost is totally doable. I know exploring is hella boring, but it's easier if you can multitask watching some TV or listening to music or something while you're doing it.

And I don't think the pets are actually being deleted in the reserve. For one thing, that'd break pedigrees and I think they're smart enough to not do that. Angel said they're removed from the game, that doesn't necessarily mean deleted. Here's a quote of Angel's post on seph's help post:

We're planning to add the ability to view the pets in Reserve in future but it requires some additional coding. If to judge by the suggestions that we received, it was vital to implement ASAP a feature that allows to remove the pets from the game without the possibility for the other players to adopt them.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 01:39:40 — Link

Changing the diet affects the stats when the pets level up - some players probably have the diets set up so that their pet benefits best, so telling them to just change the diet is rediculous. 

As for not exploring with enough of them, I hate exploring. I only do it when my food reserves are running low, and I don't view it as a fun opportunity - I view it as a chore that I have to do to continue playing the game. Sure, the pets no longer get taken away if you can't feed them, but it still costs silver to feed them out of pocket instead.

I know the game is still in Beta, and tweaks and such are still being worked out. The fact that the Reserve isn't viewed as the perfect fix for several reasons - being too expensive to build, having to be built in the first place, not being able to view pets - are all symptoms of underlying game balance issues that still need to be addressed.

Until those issues can be addressed and fixed, then any little patches here and there aren't going to be ideal. What needs to be taken from this is the fact that there are other issues that go hand in hand with this problem, and they need to be fixed as well.

* Winter is coming *

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 02:00:03 — Link

Meh come on, if you're not stockpiling food and have to pay to feed your pets, you're obviously not exploring with enough of them. 

But that's a problem, you see. This is a pet breeding/collecting game. I don't like exploring, I don't want to explore. I don't do it for fun. I'm here to collect pretty pets and selectively play with the ones I like best, not to spend all my time grinding to meet these minimums. The other buildings are reasonable - you can go through and collect what you need and then you're done. With food, you have to do a lot of exploring in a little bit of time.

Games like this should appeal to a number of different play styles, otherwise they lose players and potential sources of income. Yes, you enjoy grinding through explore. You have the patience/time to stockpile food. You have a play style that is complimentary to what is necessary at this time.

However, there are people like myself who are more interested in collecting pets/having somewhere to store them so they look pretty/breeding projects to obtain all the colors. The explore feature does not benefit these projects in any way, but there are still a number of premium shop features that players like this will buy to expand their collection and get the colors they want. By making exploring mandatory to get anything done, you're going to chase off these players as a potential source of income for the game. 

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla