Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Pet trade wont let me post bid.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 09:53:10 — Link

My number of coins is well over the minimum amount I am required to bid, but it will not allow me to place it, saying it is not enough. I had over 6k, and the minimum was 4,500. **I now lost the pet I was attempting to bid on because of it. >:/ This needs to be fixed or better explained, because I am very upset at losing a pet I'd been waiting to bid on for 24 hours/bidding on and watching for over 8 hours. The trade was http://beastkeeper.com/lot/1/1754/ , for Uni the Unicorn (white coloration, no negative stats, buyout at 5k) although now of course I cannot access it again because it's closed and I ended up refreshing the page because the auction ending alert at the top said I'd purchased an item??? And I foolishly went to check and see if maybe my bids were just invisible or something. 
Seriously, not happy at all right now.
I understand there's going to be bugs in a beta version of any game, but this just really sucked. Dont know if a data dump will help any now, but I've attached it anyways just in case. *sigh*

Actually, found a window that wasn't refreshed and got some pics- you can see them at http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/ElonielEvermoon/Bug%20Reports/Screenshot2013-02-28at105358PM_zps01030d26.png  and  http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/ElonielEvermoon/Bug%20Reports/Screenshot2013-02-28at105332PM_zps062b1d38.png

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 10:13:28 — Link

It looks as though someone met the 'Buyout' price at the same time you attempted to place your bid. The resulting 'You've bought an item' message is probably wrong, and is probably buggish. Because the bidding was at 4500, it seems reasonable that someone bought it literally right before you.  Nano seconds before you. The auctions are riddled with issues that are worked out one by one.

Angel will be able to clarify what actually happened, if the provided theory is not the case. It just makes sense to me that you and someone else (maybe a few others, with those stats) clicked at the same time. I've recently been toying with the auctions myself, so I'll post back if I run into a similar issue.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 10:26:36 — Link

I'd think that as well, only I was attempting to place a bid for two whole minutes, and it wouldn't do anything. I even refreshed the page during this, and there were no new bids, and no one had met the buyout price. I literally had to sit there and watch it end, and couldn't do anything about it. 

I look forward to hearing what the issue was. This was a terrible experience that I hope doesn't happen again. :c

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 11:03:42 — Link

Now things become more clear. I hadn't read anywhere that you had experienced the problem for those two minutes. I assumed you were trying to place a bid as close to the end time as possible, and that caused the issue. 

You know what though, I did notice earlier that when you're outbid (at least in my case), money is not returned automatically. I wonder if that could've caused the bug. I was placing bids earlier for items and noticed that my money was not returned unless I placed a new bid (in this case, my silver on hand was simply adjusted), or the auction ended. There's another interesting thing to think about and I hope this little insight helps in some way.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 11:48:08 — Link

I noticed that as well, but I still had enough left over to bid once more on the pet. What really sucks is that, as it turns out, the pet does not appear to have been bought out. The last bidder there in that picture I provided is the one who got him. This just makes me even more upset, honestly. I should have been able to bid on him as far as I can see, but thanks to whatever it was that blocked me from bidding on him, he went to them, and now I have no white unicorn. 

I really, really hope they get the trading all sorted out. That unicorn had such awesome stats and he probably had the genetics I was looking for too. ;^; If this happens to me again, I'm not stepping foot near any of the trades unless it's to post one for some other user to bid on. That was so disappointing to have happen when it was almost exactly the kind of pet I was looking for. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-01 18:43:45 — Link

Thanks for reporting. This one was already reported by Cheese but we noticed it only yesterday. The issue here is only in the wrong messages, the mechanics itself works as it should.

In details. The message which is saying that you don't have enough money was popping out when somebody has already placed a bid higher than you're trying to place. The message "Auction has ended. You've bought an item." should be just "Auction has ended." - it's only a notification about the end of auction.

Both of them are fixed now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla