Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Stat growth affects nothing for battling

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:06:24 — Link

This might be intentional, but it looks like changing around stat points has no effect on hp or bite/blow/rush damage after level 1

For hp, you get 5 flat points per level - Found out by looking at pets with detrimental hp genetics.

For bite/blow/rush you get 2 damage per level - Found out by looking at pets with detrimental bite genetics.

I looked at a bunch of pets ranging from level 1 to 40, and subtracted 5*(Level -1) off their hps, and they all have about the same (45 to 55) which shows if stat growth influences hp, its not by much.

I also watched the same pet over 4 levels, it went from 50 str and 51 con to 50 str and 61 con. Its hp minus 5*(Level -1) was identical for all levels.

I can't test to see how crit chance, accuracy, or dodge is affected by stat gains/loss, but my guess is that hp/dmg etc. depends on the stats at level 1 when the pet is created, and then afterwards only levels affect growth.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-01 19:41:33 — Link

Hitpoints does not depend on the stats, there's a wrong description in FAQ. Sorry for the confusion. There should be "Defence" instead of "Hitpoints".

The absolute Damage value doesn't depend on stats too. Although the actual damage depends on the stats difference between you and your opponent.

For example, your pet has Courage and Strength sum of 30, while your opponent has Constitution and Strength sum of 60. Your absolute damage value will be lowered by 50% (-1% per every 2% of difference).

Dodge and Critical Chance work the same way but using the other stats in formula.

Battle parameters can't be modified more than by 50% (for example, you can't have more than 50% Critical Chance or more than +50% Damage).

P.S. I will add this to FAQ, thanks for raising this question.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 20:13:36 — Link

Waaa cool~

Thanks for clearing this up, its good to know a bit more about how the battle mechanics work. 

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla