Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Exploration Log and arrows both on left side

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 04:17:16 — Link

Heya.

I noticed that on some of my pets the exploration log and the arrows to move suddenly are on the left side of the map instead of one left and one right. I don't have this on all pets, just a couple (going to make a screenshot as soon as I come across it again).

Edit: Screenshot of the issue:

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 04:24:28 — Link

same here actually XD.

Sometimes it even swaps on the same pet's page if I refresh (lately its mostly been on the left side together with log though, so I assumed the staff was changing it or something)

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:06:41 — Link

Actually, I've noticed for some reason that it on the left for high-leveled pets, and the right on low-leveled pets. I do prefer it on the right though, so I can see the complete action log without having to scroll.

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:40:17 — Link

It's not a bug.  The map expands as your pet level grows.  It gives you more territory, so the arrows are moved to the side to allow the map to expand without "stretching the page," so to speak.  :p  

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 07:25:57 — Link

Oh, I see. I wish that could be done in a different way, but I suppose there aren't many ways to go with it. Just thought that it was weird to start out with it being on the right side and then end up on the left.

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Silv
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 17:21:43 — Link

Oh, that's sad. It's really annoying having to scroll down already XP

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-01 19:03:33 — Link

The inteface was designed like this considering that it's easier to read the text on the left part on the screen because the glance moves from left to right. If you find that moving the controls to the left is inconvenient, I can leave them on the right but move the exploration log to the right, or swap controls and log for the low-level pets. Please say what variant is more preferrable for you.

P.S. Please remember that you can move with keyboard arrows if you're a PC user (mobile and tablet users have only controls).

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-01 20:49:36 — Link

Angel, I'm going to make a thread-poll to see the preferences of everybody. Closing this.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla