Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Any other SHIELD Agents?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 01:14:32 — Link

Well, it's worth a shot. I'm always on the lookout for (more knowledgable) Marvel Fans to sit and chat with o3o

I'm one of those 'terrible' fans who got into the comics tentatively after being dragged unwillingly to see the movies. Funny story - I saw The Avengers before I saw all of the others, so I didn't understand anything going on. At all. I had no idea why Cap not understanding things was funny. I didn't know why so many people reacted when Coulson died. I knew nothing.

Then the Missus took me home, sat me down, and made me watch all the others (minus the Hulk movie. Apparently I'm not allowed to watch it.)

The internet happened, and I kind of accidentally fell in some terrible love spiral for Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - see the signiture, if that wasn't obvious enough, haha. I have a few comics here and there, but I'll admit I'm not actively collecting them for the story.

I just like pretty pictures, okay?

So yeah! Come, share your favourite things about this universe, Movies or Comics are both welcome! I, for one, am entirely too excited about IM3. And then, of course, 2014 looms...

* Winter is coming *

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 11:46:14 — Link

I've been a comic geek my whole life because my grandpa and older brother pretty much oversaturated me with it.  I actually learned to read through them teaching me to read Spidey, X-Men and Green Lantern. 

The very first thing I ever got in trouble at school about was in 1st grade and another girl asked why Superman didn't join the X-Men and I kept trying to explain that they come from two different worlds and Superman isn't a mutant.  She didn't seem to grasp it and I got frustrated so I yelled.

I've been enjoying the Marvel movieverse immensely.  Avengers was a movie I've been waiting for since I was a kid (I still carry around my old Avengers ID I got in the early mid 90's), and I absolutely loved how they built up to it.  It kept the feel of the comics for the most part without making the average non-comic fan movie goer too confused. 

I can't wait for the SHIELD series to start.  I'm hoping that it will make use of the vast character pool of the Marvel Universe and throw in a few cameos by other characters (hero, villain, civvie, etc.). 

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 17:43:42 — Link

Oh my God I almost forgot about the SHIELD series! How, is beyond me, but ohman I can't wait for it!

* Winter is coming *

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla