Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Island options

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 17:59:35 — Link

This might get alot of no supports but it dawned on me when I was reading another thread about the wide level gaps on some islands. :)

First I will say I don't mind the level disparity, though I don't quite understand it (the exp isn't exactly much better for winning a battle with a creature 5-6 levels above your pet).

My complaint is that I can use my only 2 energy that I have waited 2 hours for only to zone into an island and have the way blocked by a monster 5-6 levels above me. I should have some sort of leeway to move a little when I enter the island. I've had several instances where I couldn't even get off the portal with my best explorer. Like I said I don't MIND having the difficult creatures on the map but with the energy as it is it's just silly to have a very low chance of even getting onto the island.

So my suggestion is a button option when you enter an island to leave immediately without losing energy. Once you leave the portal you no longer have a choice.

• Kita
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 19:20:34 — Link

No support.

This could potentially be abused, someone could keep zoning in and out of an explore zone waiting for items to be in the water right next to them, or until they see a certain builiding right next to the portal.

I think a better idea would to make it so monsters can't be within one space of the portal, or so only one side of the portal can be blocked by a monster.

Or to have level caps for monsters in explore.

So if you have a level 5 monster, only level 9 monsters and below can appear, once your monster levels to 6, level 10 and below could appear, etc.

Kita from #3988 on Aywas.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:09:03 — Link

I considered that as well... (the no monsters near the zone in) but as I have zero experience with coding I had no idea how difficult that would be to implement since everything, including the portal placement seems to be random.

In the end, whatever keeps my pets from being blocked in at the portal is a-okay with me! :)

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:41:56 — Link

No support. I do where you are comming from, but that doesn't mean I think it's a good idea.

There are already level caps in place, I think it's 6 levels above your pet's? A pet with good genes and stats can easily beat those, it encourages better breeding in the long run. I understand it's pretty difficult right now, since we all mostly have starters and wild caught pets without selective breeding but in the future it would be less of an issue.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla