Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Skin not in use but can't delete?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 07:08:55 — Link

I have a custom skin I made myself then decided the face was extremely derp.

I reuploaded the skin with the new base, changed the pet that was using it to the new skin with the intention of deleting the old one as soon as it wasn't in use. Only it still says the count is "one" so I can't delete it. It's just taking up space on the server at this point.

Does it count that is has ever been used or if it's currently in use? If it counts times used, it isn't a bug but the feature could be changed to save space on the server in the long run. If it counts the number of pets it is currently in use on I'm fairly certain no one else was using the skin.

The skin in question is the older of the two Mythic Sparrowhawk Roc skins, uploaded 2013-02-26. I assume when I have the gold for another rainbow potion the old Mythic Lavender Roc uploaded 2013-02-27 will be effected too.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-28 14:12:37 — Link

It counts uses, not the pets who are wearing the skin right now. Otherwise the Gold Coins award for skin uses won't work properly.

I deleted the old version of the Mythic Sparrowhawk Roc skin. 

If you want to make minor updates to a skin which is already in use, please write me a message with the name of skin and a link to an updated image so I can update it without deleting the old skin.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 17:25:26 — Link

Thank you, I will do that from now on.

(However I will also strive to avoid errors major enough to bother me down the line so I don't have to take any of your time.)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla